SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

who can point me in the right direction, did a couple of searches to no avail. After info on LS1 coilpack setup on RB's, anyone know of a site or SAU link?

LS1 coilpack on a nissan?

Are you crazy dames? Best coilpacks arent the justjap or splitfires - its the good old nissan OEM coils

If you're smoking crack, I want some of that ;D

-D

OEM anything coilpacks will always out perform a just jap/super spark/splitfire coil. the commodore coilpack is rather common, why? because its cheap and it works, really well.

damo, head down to somewhere like morpowa and have a chat with them, if they cant help you out ill see what i can dig up for you. ;)

did someone say crack?

"i would never do crack I would never do crack I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ASS!

"Somebody says you want some crack I say "I was born with one pal! If I need another one I'll let you know but for now I'm sticking with the solo crack-ola thank you!""

It's late and I have had too much soda

LS1 coilpack on a nissan?

Are you crazy dames? Best coilpacks arent the justjap or splitfires - its the good old nissan OEM coils

If you're smoking crack, I want some of that ;D

-D

true that! the other branded ones are just cheaper replacements that work well but they're still not an upgrade

consider this, heat kills coilpacks. any coil setup as a 'coil on plug' arrangement are sitting right in the middle of the engine, yes? how much heat do you think theyre exposed to? ever touch your cam cover after a spirited drive?

the beauty of the GM/ford coilpack conversion is that they can be remote mounted, away from the engine, and shielded from heat. the lines from the coil pack to the spark plug itself can also be heavily shielded from heat.

the next and most obvious advantage is cost, call up your local holden spare parts department and ask for the price for 3 vn coilpacks (3 is all you need for a 6 cylinder engine) and then call up your local repco/supershit/sprint auto store about a set of leads, youll be pleasantly surprised.

(note: ls1 coil pack conversions require 1 coilpack per cylinder as normal)

if anyone has ever looked at a 2j coil pack cover does anyone realise how it's vented? now why didn't nissan think of that? that's why i don't have a cover ;)

Edited by nos man

if anyone has ever looked at a 2j coil pack cover does anyone realise how it's vented? now why didn't nissan think of that? that's why i don't have a cover :(

toyota packs still fail. they just cost 4x as much to replace. :(

how dare you take that tone with the name of nissan :no:

take it back ;)

nah, i think ill leave it as is. :(

:EDIT: this is how both toyota AND nissan should have set it up;

afterautronic3tk1.jpg

Edited by scandyflick

consider this, heat kills coilpacks.

GUFFAW

I disagree sir.

A coilpack gets killed due to oxidization and increased resistance from contacts - not to mention structural damage if you are rough removing or fitting the coilpack itself

the coilpacks are exposed to efficient combusion via the heat conduction of the sparkplug itself as well as the ambient temp of the engine bay and cam covers etc... resistance increases with a temperature increase but thats only a factor of http://www.physicsforums.com/latex_images/75/759468-0.png

Which isnt really significant.

;)

Temp does not kill coilpacks. They are designed to cope with engine bay heat. Its movement/shock as well as surface oxidisation from age that kills coilpacks.

is that the 7m?

uh... no.

1JZ.

GUFFAW

I disagree sir.

A coilpack gets killed due to oxidization and increased resistance from contacts - not to mention structural damage if you are rough removing or fitting the coilpack itself

the coilpacks are exposed to efficient combusion via the heat conduction of the sparkplug itself as well as the ambient temp of the engine bay and cam covers etc... resistance increases with a temperature increase but thats only a factor of http://www.physicsforums.com/latex_images/75/759468-0.png

Which isnt really significant.

;)

Temp does not kill coilpacks. They are designed to cope with engine bay heat. Its movement/shock as well as surface oxidisation from age that kills coilpacks.

ah dohmar, you never cease to disappoint, something useful instead of the 'ah nu, not gm bru' argument that i was expecting from some. thanks. :(

ah dohmar, you never cease to disappoint, something useful instead of the 'ah nu, not gm bru' argument that i was expecting from some. thanks. ;)

I disappointed you? :~(

-D

news.com.au has to f**king go. this is my response to the topic http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...5006301,00.html

The article itself is benign however the poll has two loaded questions. loaded meaning any media turd can twist the results to his or her own devices.

This is what I wrote to them. I doubt they will have the balls to publish it, let alone act on it.

Wow AdelaideNow... again you've managed to put out a really unscientific poll. Fair enough if you were going to count a simple yes or no vote, but the addendum to each option totally invalidates the poll for what it pretends to be.

How on earth is crushing a car going to lead to violence? How on earth is crushing a car going to be a deterrent? And how DARE you associate traffic offences with violence! It is totally disingenuous. Its bad enough you feel the need to draw false lines from car enthusiasts and those involved in motorsport to immature young men and women who are blatantly disobeying the law, now you have to stoop to such a level to get your hits and sell your rag?? Your readers are not as stupid as you treat us! its just a shame there is no competitor for us South Australians to turn to for local news. You hold the monopoly for dumbed down journalism, and our society suffers as a result of your laziness.

I hope for the sake of the people of South Australia, that you all find a conscience soon. We deserve better.

Lets see if they grow a pair of balls, or a conscience for that matter.

f**king scumbags.

-D