SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Dave I'd be ringing them and focusing on the fact that the thing doesn't fit properly.

If you tell them that you don't like the welds, they are likely to turn around and say, "stuff you Jack, what did you expect? You get what you pay for with Chinese shit"!!

yeah, thats the angle im going with, sent them a message outlining that none of the studs provided fit, didnt mention anything about the quality of the welds, hopefully ill hear back from them soon and get my money back.

its funny that a mate of mine in melbourne ordered the same kit, but got the right dump pipe, and everything fit perfectly. awesome qc.

Edited by scandyflick

yeah and it's your perogative to say, "No, I don't want a replacement, just my money back thanks" (as in, once bitten twice shy) cause I bet they'll just want to replace it.

just submitted my TAFE application, Cert III Info Tech: Network Admin. Ill prob go onto Cert IV after, maybe in programming or Websites/Multimedia :P

No offence damo, but tafe doesnt teach you anything relevant... I know, I went there once ;)

If you want to get into Networking, you're better off going with a microsoft MCP or a cisco CCNP/CCNA or maybe even a RHCE...

Depending on your direction, you'll want to either go for networking alone or development. Theyre mutually exclusive (unless you like to code network stacks...)

-D

your right to a refund, replacement or repair can be found in the fair trading agreement my friend

A customer has a right to ask for a

refund if any of the implied conditions

have not been met. This means a

refund would be in order if the goods:

• do not do the job the customer was

led to believe they would

• have a fault that the customer could

not have known about at the time of

purchase

• do not match a sample the customer

was shown

• are not as they were described

You may offer to repair the faulty goods,

exchange them or provide a credit note.

Importantly, the customer has a right to

insist on a refund if that is what they

want.

Note: Goods that are "on sale" must be

treated in the same way as ordinary stock

when determining a refund. The implied

conditions cover them regardless of their

sale status.

good luck i have had a simmilar battle with a dodgy rc car seller :P he didnt like my references to the trade act i showed him ;)

Edited by Inline 6

No offence damo, but tafe doesnt teach you anything relevant... I know, I went there once :P

If you want to get into Networking, you're better off going with a microsoft MCP or a cisco CCNP/CCNA or maybe even a RHCE...

Depending on your direction, you'll want to either go for networking alone or development. Theyre mutually exclusive (unless you like to code network stacks...)

-D

Id rather learn the basics first so i can grasp the concepts. The field of IT is where i wanna go, but i dont know in which particular direction.

Stimulus Payment Information.

This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgin.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set or some such thing, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn’t that stimulating the economy of China?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Australian economy by spending your stimulus cheque wisely:

If you spend that money at Kmart, all the money will go to China .

If you spend it on petrol it will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer it will go to India.

If you buy a car it will go to Japan.

If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan/China.

And none of it will help the Australian economy.

We need to keep that money here in Australia. You can keep the money in Australia by spending it at garage sales, going to a cricket match or footy game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses that may still be owned by Aussies.

Thank you all Australians,

Your mate,

K.RUDD.

repost! :P

just got in touch with the mob i bought the dump and front pipe off, they were just about to call apparently. ;)

ive been hand balled from the new owner to the old owner (who should be contacting me soon), told the new guy i wanted a refund for the dump and front pipe, and he didnt seem to have a problem with it. cool.

hell the JJR dump / front pipe is 100x better than that pos

grrr id be pissed if i was you ey

man I need a 24m socket but cant afford to buy one LOL

and oh boy, oh boy, knees, my legs are putrid. cant sit cant stand and walk around, crazy pain.

sigh

:P

yeah, only reason i got was because i was assured by a couple mates of mine that they were decent quality. which in their case, they may have been. just not in my case.

no big deal, the annoyance has subsided, i was pissed off for about 30 minutes, but then i realised its easier to sort shit out when im not pissed off, so i had a beer and calmed down. should hopefully be sorted soon, if it isnt, well, then ill allow myself to be pissed off for a bit again.

haha, fair point steve, but the guy he handballed me off to is the guy i initially contacted when i ordered the gear, so fingers crossed.

Edited by scandyflick

It's just a bit of a joke Karl ....

But since you bring it up, since the unions have constantly pushed up minimum wage and holiday/penalty/leave conditions, businesses in Aus have to sell their products for significantly more than competing countries can produce and sell them. What, would you have them shut down international trade and make us pay double the price for everything, just to keep the unskilled workers in booze, smokes and LCD TVs? :P

Apart from all that, if they restricted import goods, then the countries in return would not buy our raw materials/wool/grain, then Aus would be bankrupt in 5 seconds flat.

I did a fair bit of research on the different dump/front pipes and everything I read suggested that any of the chinese 'HKS' knock offs were shithouse and just not worth it. Then there's the JJR, CES, Advance Headers and AM Performance types.

This forum is full of JJR reports with some reports better than others, CES good reports but expensive, can't find anything from anyone about the Advance (sold by Sinergy) and then the AM has good reports and is reasonably priced and he does discount on a 200 cell hi flow cat if you buy the dump/front. So for me I'm going to go the AM split dump/front + cat as soon as my mrs has forgotten about the $2K I spent on wheels.....