SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

FFS, my RB20 does not like stock bovs and I've got no fking idea whats causing it :dry:

It struggles to get to .4 bar at full throttle. With the bov blocked it makes .8 no worries. Also of interest is that the bov doesn't open properly when it's plumbed in. Opens briefly at full throttle but still flutters like mad otherwise, like it's not even opening. My old 32 would NEVER flutter with the bov plumbed in, like it opened even backing off at 0 boost.

On the plus side it seems pretty controllable to slide, even on stock sus with a weak viscous diff :P

Edited by AndrewJZX100

anyone got a ute/van/wagon etc and wanna earn $20 ??

i need to take my un-assembled bottom end to turbo tune and i dont have a working car !!

reply here or pm me or call me 0419848600

willing to pay more if you have to travel !

could be a leak on your BOV by the sounds of things andrew....

try another stock BOV if you can get your hands on it mate..

Thats what I thought, so I did just that and it does the same thing :dry:

Stock RB20 one does it and stock RB25 s2 that I just bought does it as well. I'm thinking maybe a vac line somewhere might be a bit suspect.

Thats what I thought, so I did just that and it does the same thing :dry:

Stock RB20 one does it and stock RB25 s2 that I just bought does it as well. I'm thinking maybe a vac line somewhere might be a bit suspect.

i would say that if its making the right boost when the BOV is blocked off then just leave it blocked off....Flutter FTMFW

but now it sounds like the vac line from the BOV to the plennum is leaking or something strange is happening

let us know when you find out what the problem was mate

good luck

PS flutters man leave it fluttering lol

anyone got a ute/van/wagon etc and wanna earn $20 ??

i need to take my un-assembled bottom end to turbo tune and i dont have a working car !!

reply here or pm me or call me 0419848600

willing to pay more if you have to travel !

PM sent

Not real keen on the flutter hey :P

Well, not all the time. Sometimes it's good (like driving through Mt Barker around 3:30 on a school day :P ) but yeah mostly it's just annoying.

What are you doing near a school andrew....specially on a school day :dry::P