SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Goodbye Thebarton.

The SA Water site at Thebarton, opposite Bonython Park is being demolished as I type this.

The government says they'll make it into more parklands, but I reckon it'll turn into a high-rise apartment block.

Goodbye Thebarton.

The SA Water site at Thebarton, opposite Bonython Park is being demolished as I type this.

The government says they'll make it into more parklands, but I reckon it'll turn into a high-rise apartment block.

It won't be private land, there are very strict regs regarding use of that boundary around the city. I'm not sure why they're ripping out trees along there near Wheelworx though. I think there was talk somewhere of widening roads.

It won't be private land, there are very strict regs regarding use of that boundary around the city. I'm not sure why they're ripping out trees along there near Wheelworx though. I think there was talk somewhere of widening roads.

It might be for the pipeline they're laying down now? Which is apparently for the Glenelg-Adelaide pipeline, which runs through here.

That's supposed to be for extending the tram lines to the Ent centre afaik....

A serious waste of tax payer's money :D

It was a serious waste of money extending it to North Tce :D

Agreed. Apart from people inside the government, most people think the tram elongation was a waste of time.

Back in the old days, the tram used to run down o'connell st, then they got rid of it. Would've made more sense to extend the tram to North Adelaide IMHO

-D

Yeah, but the cost of $12M+, combined with the disruption to traffic in an around the new tram line, added to the fact that it replaced a very serviceable free bus service that did exactly the same job = mega fail.

Need I remind you that Terry/Bill et al who want to do the Garden Island drag strip only asked the state govt for $10M to which they gave the massive thumbs down.

Misallocated resources so it looks like Mike Bland is actually doing something - other than kissing babies and taking credit for the previous Liberal government's setup of Defense contracts and Mining projects ....

Their ultimate plan is to have the tram running a loop around Adelaide, going up West Tce and along South Tce.

I reckon it'd be good for the city. Look at how well it works in Melbourne!

I reckon that shit was pulled out nigh on 40 years ago, cos Adelaide's roads are not conducive to trams and they disrupt traffic too much. They had the brains to take out nearly every tram line in Adelaide back in the 1960's - and these idiots want to put them back in?

Imagine trams buggering up West and East Terrace - those roads are bad enough now, without losing an lane and not being able to turn at certain places .... would suck ass.

Works well for us folks who work in Victoria Square and catch a train in :D

walk u lazy bugga :huh: i used to work at vic square and i usually found it faster just to walk to work instead of waiting for a damn tram

if you eva seen anyone rollerblading in a business suit in the morns that was me :D

i wouldnt say melbournes trams work that great, looked like a mess to me

Edited by Inline 6

Their ultimate plan is to have the tram running a loop around Adelaide, going up West Tce and along South Tce.

I reckon it'd be good for the city. Look at how well it works in Melbourne!

Cmon man It'll never work

People in this city are so stupid they cant negotiate a simple 2 lane roundabout (TTP/Britannia)...

What makes u think theyre gonna be capable of the concept of a hook turn? :D lols

-D

Cmon man It'll never work

People in this city are so stupid they cant negotiate a simple 2 lane roundabout (TTP/Britannia)...

What makes u think theyre gonna be capable of the concept of a hook turn? :D lols

-D

dude Im a mega braniac and even I dont understand bloody Hook turns !! :D:huh::D;)

I guess the Melbourne tram lines look like a whole lot of spaghetti, but it just looks more efficient than one bus going around the city, that runs every 5-10 minutes and gets held up in traffic, like what we have?

Talking about traffic, anyone traveled on the South Road/Anzac Highway underpass? Traffic coming back to South, turning from Anzac onto South Road have to wait to merge in with traffic coming from the North on South road! It's banking up the traffic even worse.

But hooray for making the tram line that crosses South Road into a bridge, so the tram goes over the road... that banks up traffic every morning and night.