SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Go to a place that offer a freee battery test, they normally test if its the alternator because it wont keep charge (drops below 11volts when reved at 2000rpm)

smile and drive away :)

Edited by AXTX

hey Krishy. how was the cognac mate ? fin it all ?

It was like the nectar of Gods mate....PM sent

I just made the hottest fkn lamb curry and for the first time ever struggled to even consume it!!! Great excuse to cool it all down with beer :)

Nothing is every too hot for me...also beer doesnt help it will intensify the heat lol

pritty sure there is a guide on the site??

also i thought that the 040 is not a direct fit replacment?? but maybe thats just for gtr's

The Bosch 040 that i use in my car went in without problems....but i can assure you that it does have pickup problem once it goes below 1/4 tank.....tried it once to test it out....and on a hot day the car just cut out.....still had 1/4 of fuel in there chucked in 5 litres it was fine enough to get to the servo....never doing it again lol

Hence why i am thinking of getting NISMO GTR replacement one....similar to the OEM one

Nothing is every too hot for me...also beer doesnt help it will intensify the heat lol

Just an excuse for why there were so many empty cans when the mrs got home from work :( Was fkn hot however

Damo, you can check your battery/alternator with a multimeter if you have one.

While on the topic of electrics ... who's got a timing light I can borrow? I think someone offered the use of one previously, but I never took the offer (been so damn busy!)

Tried fixing my old one, but it just won't work. I bought it 6 or so years ago for $30 ... the same timing light is for sale now for $60! :rofl:

Also, found the fueling problem with the Stagea. Fitted the stock FPR in last night and its running better. :(

ahh i am a member, sounds like a plan, thanks Luke!

need to get the 34 retuned as well, Boostin Oz is $150 to see where its at, then they ring and tell you how much it needs and how much it costs. But, they don't work Saturdays, and id have to take time off work to drop off and pick up the car. Also, they are only 10 mins from my house. Southern Hi Tech is $350 for a retune, but they are open Saturdays, so no days off work, but they are down south, about 30-45 mins away. decisions!