SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

isssssueeeeeeeeeees.

31 seems to be draining batteries, anyone have any idea what might be drawing from the battery when the car is off?

Could it be the alternator?

dome light, battery backup on alarms, anything else that is wired wrong that can be powered up without the key, easy to test for

PM me if you want more info.

No it cant be alternator they only work when the engine is running.

While on the topic of electrics ... who's got a timing light I can borrow? I think someone offered the use of one previously, but I never took the offer (been so damn busy!)

Tried fixing my old one, but it just won't work. I bought it 6 or so years ago for $30 ... the same timing light is for sale now for $60! :D

Also, found the fueling problem with the Stagea. Fitted the stock FPR in last night and its running better. :D

So my guess was correct..lol at least its running better hey Ruby

i was more thinking that the alternator might not be charging the battery whilst the car is running. Ill get RAA to come and suss it out, its what i pay them for!

they need to load test the battery, prob has some weak cells in it ? check the water lately ? popped it on a charger yet ? clean the connection on the top ?

yep i have replaced the battery with a near new one, same thing happened. The connector that, um, connects to the positive terminal is broken, it is on their fairly tight but could be better. Surely thats not causing it?

yep i have replaced the battery with a near new one, same thing happened. The connector that, um, connects to the positive terminal is broken, it is on their fairly tight but could be better. Surely thats not causing it?

The fusible link? Wouldnt surprise me

-D

The fusible link? Wouldnt surprise me

-D

the fusable link cant drain the battery,, it protects the car when you jump start it, and any major malfunctions of wiring. its just a big fuse. special wire that fries when it sees a dead short to ground pretty much. common to blow if you jump start your car wrong ,in accidents or muppets who run amplifier wires thru the factory wiring harness. huge NO NO!!!

Vu - if my new sig offends let me know. I just find it more and more funny each time I read it. But I don't wish to piss you off again.

I guess its fine if you like it lol... I wasnt THAT pissed off at the time, just slightly annoyed listening to the same thing over and over again - wouldnt of been so bad if it werent for being so stuffed after a long day out at Mallala then a long ass 10 hours at work the next day...