SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Hey guys, any suggestions on car care products?

want to buy some general car care items, but not sure what to buy, so many brands and products

advice on some basic products?(like the must-haves of car care)

so lemme know!

cheers

spit shine n elbow grease :yes:

meguires makes some good stuff to

Meguars

Mothers

not autoglym , pretty average stuff

Zymoil but cost a bucket load and can be fussy on dark cars, but the leather treatment rocks

3M who produces most of the products above or develops for them...lol

Fire Glaze isnt too bad from tests

there are a lot of companys,

a few good spots for car detailing info

the bottom one is megs and prob the most informative if you go to the USA site IMO

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/

http://www.autopia.org/

http://www.motoractive.com.au/

me like the volley ball chick, and peterbuilt one... but so many to choose from...hahahaha

anyone know how well a vs commy will tow? picking up a cheap one as a tow car..

what would vs berlina 1996 on gas, lowered, rims, CLEAN be worth?

i dont know alot about commys

lol my mums got vp on gas. i reckon thats about what its worth. pos is the most unreliable car our familys ever owned. we owned is since 98' so fair while now laundry list of probs, mechanics have mentioned to em a few times its the worst car to have on gas.

aside from that what i always thought was crap with em is the power steering becomes super light suddenly at 3/4 lock, making for jerky steering.

get a dato man, mines got tow bar :P towed a broken down vp with it b4

Edited by Inline 6

some f**king scumbag asshole kids shot a ball bearing/slug/rock through my brothers windscreen as he was coming down the McIntyre rd hill towards Bridge rd last night, leaving a 3ish mm hole in the window with excessive spider web cracks. :P

his friend said it might have been from an older model pajero, but not sure. f**king scum.

yeh but y are they so bad..?

They were made in elizabeth nuff said, cant remember all the probs it had but as far as im concerned it had an easy life. gbox blew, power window buttons dont work half the time, used to overheat alot, rear suspension went on it. the only thing in its defence was it has done something like 280,000k

o and bogans n old ladys drive them :P shopping trolleys handle better. had good torque though ill give it that 1 :(

n damn damo thats some messed up sh*t

Edited by Inline 6

Man those fit chicks remind me of my SASI days. f**k me the chicks were good back then.. and always willing on the long road trips too :P

Anyone know any tire places in the Port Adelaide area that will stretch tires? CBF driving to sinergy or wheelworx

if its a 6 no more then $3000 in top con, if its a 8 no more then $6500, Iv got the 6 that i use as a tow car/daily and the thing is strong as f**k takes a beating by my fat foot.

if you want ultimate car detailing stuff...

permagard reactive polymer. full stop.

shit aint cheap tho :whistling:

yeah but its good shit...........ive used it before.....just cant afford it right now ;) but when i can ill be using it again :(

lol. whenever i wander through all i see is talent. and i dont have matty's (low low) standards, so thats saying something.

f**kup bitch :whistling: wait till the dinner at the ale house, you'll see my taste has quite improved

dont waste ya time adrian

even with a decent trans cooler the turbo 400 trans is a piece of shit

lowered car will be a piece of shit to tow with too, as the trailer will dump the IRS smack on its arse

get yaself a decent 4wd (yes, you dont wanna spend 9k on a patrol, but you'll probably spend 9k fixing the dunnydore)

either that or get a BA falcon - ideally go a wagon as they're live axle and leaf spring