SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

How much would I expect to pay on labor to fit a water pump on average?......

I was quoted about $300 to fit a turbo...so maybe about the same, but shouldn't be anymore

Saw a guy filling up a blue 33 GTST this morning with 91 octane and when i aked him what he was doing he goes i put octane booster in.

does he not realise that 91 is the best that fuel will ever be and if it has been sitting it is probably more like 88 or 89!!!!

Do not know what octane booster he is using but as far as i know they can only lift the octane rating up to 5 points which would still put him in the range of a blown motor!!!

Plus i have found that octane booster tends to foul the plugs ig not used out on the track or on a hill run.

just my observations

Had an interesting morning so far.

Got pulled over by the po-po in front of Prince Alfred College earlier - random bretho, cop was a nice chap who asked if I get pulled over much and explained that the criminals that steal the cars are more to blame for pullovers than anything, which is understandable. Took all of 5 minutes and they let me go, was not a drama at all - they didnt even ask to see my licence...

then im driving down port rush road and this ranga mofo that looks like jacko jackson sticks his head out of the passenger window of the magna he was travelling in, and yells at me "I f**kEN HATE BUSINESS C***S"

OK so I'm in a skyline and I have a collared shirt. Shoot me. Would've love to have NOT been caught in traffic, would have loved to have said something about him being an inbred bogan ranga mofo, but for all I know he was a methhead who wanted to punch on. Ahhh fun times. I just wish I was allowed to pack a gun and execute these vermin as I see fit (kind of like Judge Dredd but in a GTR instead of a bike)..

-D

For those interested in seeing what the Work Emotion 11Rs look like, I sold them and bought a set of gold Advan RG2s in GTR offsets for my Evo 8. End result should be something like this, in silver, minus the stickers...

decar017rw.jpg

its a permacool block adaptor and an earls relo block. 3/4 -16 thread or something on both. too small. gave em a call, theyll sort it out tomorrow, their little book said it would fit, so theyll just swap over to the stuff i need.

the filter thread on your car is M20x1.5, it's the non VTC SR20's that are 3/4x16. I would keep the 3/4 thread in the filter block and change the one that bolts to the engine as there is more filter availability in the 3/4 thread.

Better yet go to Racespec and get one of these;

SR20_ADAPTOR_5.jpg

http://racespec.com.au/product_info.php?cP...products_id=498

Edited by D_Stirls

Well hopefully i've now fixed my coolant leak (dodgey genuine water pump), and my reversion problem caused by my hard intake pipe. Be the first time i've driven it in about 3 weeks!