SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

lol Cara, if you could find a cam with that sort of lift, it would either bend valves as your putting the head on or go thru your pistons at the first crank of the key :glare: ......10 to 11mm is considered pretty high :(

the whole engine would be built as strong as possible so it would be a matter of doing a lil more research and making sure ive got all the right bits n pieces :P

it just depends what option i do.....the stroker kit or the supercharger kit......hmm decisions decisions lol

With plenty of over lap for the tough idle !

Something to really test a tuners ability.

Edited by Jamesrb25

Cara you could go this route?..lol

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features...r/photo_03.html

500 NA hp on restriction plate intake,, 800hp without ????

and it has seriously vented fenders..and plenty of room for graphics

hmm yeah its an option, but id like to keep my car's heart an RB.............i dont want to put anything else in her

i know there is a supercharger kit available especially made for the RB engine

ive just looked up on the Tomei website that the biggest i can go with their cams is IN/EX 260 with a lift of 9.15mm

the biggest they got overall is SOLID IN/EX 270 with a lift of 10.25mm..........stupid thing is........it excludes the neo engine.....:glare:

Edited by MissR34

the whole engine would be built as strong as possible so it would be a matter of doing a lil more research and making sure ive got all the right bits n pieces :glare:

it just depends what option i do.....the stroker kit or the supercharger kit......hmm decisions decisions lol

Supercharger + cams + cam gears.... injectors, fuelpump and afm if you need it... much more bang for buck

and its not the usual rb mod. loads of turbo upgrades and stroked rb's but ive never actually seen a supercharged one... sure you lose a bit of power proportionally but you get less lag, thus keeping the characteristics of an NA with a nice linear power curve

tomei poncam b's are what ur after cara... same ones im after :P

-D

in other news today :( i am the 5th with a spun bottom end and i picked up a U12 pinny for $500 :) pretty stocked about that hey Luke :(

that sucks dude. i blew the engine in my daily on the way to work. dad decided he'd check the coolant before i left (why, i have no idea), and he didnt put the rad cap back on properly. and because the the temp gauge reads anything between half and 3/4 normally, didnt notice the temp going up, and then bang, epic amounts of smoke out from under the hood, on main north road, in the middle of peak hour. fail. was planning on buying a gt28rs soon, now it seems ill be fixing the magna instead.

and in reply to james' post in cara's announcement thread, they cant include me, car and whoring/pimping skills are simply far too great to be held in one show.

and about that epic whoring... yup, was stupid, was expecting a warn, but its out of my system.

Edited by scandyflick

nice truck dude........we'll have enough of us soon to go up to Morgan and have some fun on the tracks

agreed pete, as said the other nite i cant wait to go and play up in the quarry with you boys

Morning all.

Good friend at work, she and her husband were driving his late model BMW down the bay last night to find a park to eat. They got pulled over by the cops and got smacked with a $168 fine for having her stock standard fog lights on (the small ones in the front bar near the bottom).

How petty can you get.

There's alot more to the story (only got done for that, but it's the conversation that followed), but since it's a public forum, I won't say any more as she's taking it to court.

Although, I heard in the news that the cops were cracking down on the use of fog lights... but I thought it was only the aftermarket ones? I thought the stock standard ones that came with the car were fine?

factory or not, they're not headlights. dont drive with the f**king things on. simple. couple of the guys at work have been warned already (as the Hino trucks come factory fitted with them). most of them leave the switch on, and when we start in the morning only switch parkers on (and they come on, but they dont stay on with full headlights). some people think its cool to drive at night with foggies on, its just more of a pain in the arse

im waiting for them to crack down on spotties on 4WDs too, apparently they're not meant to be used in built up areas and are meant to be covered up (with a blackout cover) in the same situation. i'd not only be rooted, but 95% of other 4wd people out there

Having a black car and driving to Roseworthy every morning to uni.. i usually have my fog lights on just so people can see me coming in the other direction before they decide to overtake or enter the road. There's a few spots along the way where the sun could potentially blind drivers in the morning and they cant see oncoming traffic properly... this was the cause of a fatal accident last year along the road to the campus.

I don't see how some fog lights could impair the sight of oncoming traffic. The ones on the Aurion reflect down onto the road instead of straight forward so that the light does not bounce off the fog. However, there have been times, primarily at night, when i have been blinded by oncoming traffic with their headlights AND bright fog lights on.. which is annoying.

Sez

Edited by Ryan&Sez

agreed, some factory fog lamps are too bright, yet my old man got a fine for having aftermarket driving lights on (low), going

between angle vale and lewiston back in the day... yea, cos we like double standards

Yeah Laurels are sweet and you don't see many around.

On the engine conversion conversations yesterday I was really thinking about taking the car off the road and dropping a 26 in her, just for some fun.

sigh...............

seems everyone is out enjoying there wheels...

was soooo depressing going to a mates place at the bay for lunch driving the getz

while everyone else has nice shiny clean weekenders :(

someday soon/ish.