SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Yeah I gotta get mine replaced so I'll be lashing out for a set of RDA front slotted rotors too. Theyre not as expensive as I thought they'd be either.

-D

rda are awesome value get a full set of rotors for the same price of 2 dba

Yeah I gotta get mine replaced so I'll be lashing out for a set of RDA front slotted rotors too. Theyre not as expensive as I thought they'd be either.

-D

Just got mine off the SAU group buy, in 4 days.lol

and cheaper for 4 then buying 2 from anywhere else in town

Ben look into the group buy mate

i got a set of 4 for my 33.....$xxx delivered and was here in 2 weeks

so definately recommend that guy in the GB section

edited by Nightcrawler

Ben look into the group buy mate

i got a set of 4 for my 33.....$***delivered and was here in 2 weeks

so definately recommend that guy in the GB section

"edited by SLED"

I arranged it last week thru the grp buy.

-D

Seriously?! Yeah!! Slotted are a shit load better than just standard.

Improved stopping distance, improved feel, etc. I even went from a cross-drilled set to a slotted set and noticed a huge difference.

They improve braking power, basically. That and a good set of pads!

Most properly modded street cars, you'll find with slotted rotors. As well as all the HSV's and FPV's that came out the factory, and a few BMW's.

everyone going slotted?

curious, do slotted rotors go through pads faster than standard flat rotors?

Well for me Damo the slotted rotors feel a whole lot better

i havent noticed much brake pad wear but only had them in for like 4 -5 months now

plus i had to go slotted as you can as luke (enr_034) how stuffed my stock rotors were mate

Well for me Damo the slotted rotors feel a whole lot better

i havent noticed much brake pad wear but only had them in for like 4 -5 months now

plus i had to go slotted as you can as luke (enr_034) how stuffed my stock rotors were mate

if anything they make the pad last longer. they do have more bite which increases wear but the groove also assists in cleaning the brake dust off the pad and venting it out so its not actually trapped between the rotor and the pad, and that itself helps the pad to stay alive a bit longer...

You'll still have benefits with cross drilled however many cross drilled rotors are prone to stress fractures due to the fact that they are drilled after the rotor is forged, whereas the slots are actually shaped within the forging/casting process. You'll notice RDA also have the gold passivated rotors with slots and 'dimples'. The dimples are done during casting and dont go the entire way thru the disc, so theyre much hardier. cross drilling isnt so useful for street work (lets face it, its there for cooling so its mainly for racers)... slotted is more than enough for any street car.. if your slotted rotors aren't doing the job on the street, then thats the time you consider caliper and disc diameter upgrades... or switch to a prius

I've already added a cusco brake cylinder brace and braided brake lines and those two improve the feeling/response of the brakes quite a bit. The new rotors should really seal the deal, I can't see myself needing bigger calipers or disc diameter...

-D