SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

so if you turn it up to 8 we should here it @ ttg

EDIT

didn't know you were an audiophile

A what phile? O.o

Yeah its stupendously loud. I have it on 2 and everyone in the house can hear it. I turned it up to 10 without any cables plugged in and it was dead silent.. noise reduction on this thing is brilliant... if i have it on clean mode with the single neck pickup active it sounds like david gilmore from pink floyd... if i chuck it on overdrive it sounds like paige hamilton from helmet (i met him once, top bloke) and if I put it on 'more overdrive' it sounds like slipknot...

Got it on special too which is a bonus. Now I just have to start practising again. I haven't owned a power amp for 5 years so its going to be a rude awakening at just how I can keep the strings quiet (cos playing on an acoustic, a little bit of string adds body but if u do it on an overdriven amp it sounds like mud)

Its big too. Bigger than I thought it would be. Weighs over 20 kilo.... and with the JMP1 having tubes where it counts, the sound is nice n warm

-D

Game of the Round is on at the moment......15th vs 16th, who would've thought that would be the one to watch?! :down:

The result may see a Richmond coach looking for a new job by the end of the week if things don't go down as everyone's expecting.

Lol, how has the Freo coach (and 1/2 the players) still got a job!!? Biggest under-achievers (worse than the Fitzroy years) ever!!

And not having a go at the Crows (cause we won't do any better) but how good is Ablett junior.... the word is that he is already better than his old man ever was (more valuable around the ground) and it could be argued that Ablett senior and Mathews are the best players to have ever played Aussie Rulz.....so that's a big statement.

Lol, we've got an F1 thread, we need a Footy thread! :(

:down: Nice amp those Ben. Guitarist in my little bro's band has one of those and they're great value.

My 30W 1 x 12" Valve amp cranks that hard too....

Yeah a nice valve amp would have been awesome - my wish for a valve amp is whats stopped me for 4 years but ive finally accepted I'm no hendrix, so I really cant justify it :( its hard enough to get a decent price for the jmp1 so i said f**kit and decided to keep the preamp... and it does suit that amp quite nicely, warms the channel up a lot (matter of fact the line output from the preamp going into the fender is stupendously loud when both of them are turned off so Im thinking I might need to run the preamp into the return feed of the effects loop, and run the big muff in thru the jmp1 effects loop (or before the preamp and the guitar itself... *shrug* what would u recommend?

I truly wanted a 1960A cab and a JCM800 2203 model (master lead 100w) but those things can power a stadium hair metal gig by themselves, I really don't think I'd win any fans playing it inside my house... and theyre around $3500 worth of power amp... yeah...

-D

EDIT - Having said that, I cant detect much of an audible difference between that solid state one and my friends mesa boogie valve cab

naturally the overdrive channels are decent for blues overdrive but shit for real thrash (thats why i got the big muff after all) but tbh Im seriously impressed considering my last amp was a 15 watt piece of crap that cost $200 and I kept blowing the speakers - no chance with this amp muahahahaha, heres a pic anyhow

DSC00039.JPG

Edited by Dohmar

lol, not even 1/2 time and the Richmond coach is already looking for a noose to hang himself.

Can't accuse Richmond for over-possessing the ball or leather poisoning if they can't even find it!!

Lol, we've got an F1 thread, we need a Footy thread! :down:

I think we should, love AFL. Sad thing for terry wallace but I do think he has to go (and I was a fan of him at the western bulldogs - who are still consistently underperforming ;( )....

havent bothered to watch ablett jr but I might have to make the effort if hes that good.... I really dont know who the spectacular players are atm since I havent followed footy for a couple years (just the occasional game)...

-D

I think we should, love AFL. Sad thing for terry wallace but I do think he has to go (and I was a fan of him at the western bulldogs - who are still consistently underperforming ;( )....

havent bothered to watch ablett jr but I might have to make the effort if hes that good.... I really dont know who the spectacular players are atm since I havent followed footy for a couple years (just the occasional game)...

-D

*cough* my bro - Warren Gary *cough* :down:

09_warren_tredrea_246a.jpg

*cough* my bro - Warren Gary *cough* :down:

Yeah Right... lol.. tbh the burgoyne boys are probably ports better assets... would be good to see them in the crows that for sure

McLeod was good a few years ago, but he got old and that was it

same with akermanis

and tony liberatore (sure he was a little annoying bastard but he was pretty damn good)

-D

I would've thought you'd prefer the Cornes bro's

I think the Crow supporters used to be dirty that we got both of them but these days they are pretty much hated by you guys, especially Chad the tormentor.

Got 90% of the roof up on the extension. I'm keeping fit, climbing up and down the ladder all day. Every sheet that goes on, I'm checking for squareness and ensuring its on all even. Harder than I thought it'd be :down: But also found out I'm one roof sheet shy of what I need. Time to call the supplier tomorrow!

Also need to contact Stratco or Gotta Getta Gutter and talk valley gutters with them for where the extension meets the existing roofline. Already got my floor framing worked out and materials are ready to be ordered real soon :)

extension011.jpg

extension009.jpg

extension010.jpg

At least now I'll have shelter from the rain when I do the floor and wall framing. :D

Time to relax! :(

Edited by RubyRS4