SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

that looks massive Roo. What's the square meterage and wall height?

102m2 extension. Internal wall height is 2700, external wall height is 3300. Foundations are 600 deep. Roof pitch is 17.5 degrees.

Looks massive without the floor and wall framing. By the time its framed up, it won't look as huge ... especially with the elevated floor framing.

Hopefully ordering the floor framing materials next weekend.

WTF, check this out.. its a older camaro? looks more like a bogan ferrari ?

Looks like a 280ZX with a body kit. A very bad body kit too :down:

I would've thought you'd prefer the Cornes bro's

I think the Crow supporters used to be dirty that we got both of them but these days they are pretty much hated by you guys, especially Chad the tormentor.

Lol yes us Crows fans do hate Chad, but only because hes a superstar. I DO NOT rate Brett Ebert at the moment, hes struggling a bit. Freo and Richmond need to merge (could be difficult logistically) so there is no bye round when Gold Coast come in, or maybe Rich and Melb. Freo are just one of those teams that win every now and again, stole Pav from Adelaide (mind you we picked McGregor over him :vomit: ) and will never win a flag.

Ouch, poor S15.

Was on my way home this evening from O'Connell St and saw one cop car and two Starforce Landcruisers flogging the shit out of their cars to get somewhere in a REAL hurry. Anyone hear anything about that?

Yeah a nice valve amp would have been awesome - my wish for a valve amp is whats stopped me for 4 years but ive finally accepted I'm no hendrix, so I really cant justify it :thumbsup: its hard enough to get a decent price for the jmp1 so i said f**kit and decided to keep the preamp... and it does suit that amp quite nicely, warms the channel up a lot (matter of fact the line output from the preamp going into the fender is stupendously loud when both of them are turned off so Im thinking I might need to run the preamp into the return feed of the effects loop, and run the big muff in thru the jmp1 effects loop (or before the preamp and the guitar itself... *shrug* what would u recommend?

I truly wanted a 1960A cab and a JCM800 2203 model (master lead 100w) but those things can power a stadium hair metal gig by themselves, I really don't think I'd win any fans playing it inside my house... and theyre around $3500 worth of power amp... yeah...

-D

EDIT - Having said that, I cant detect much of an audible difference between that solid state one and my friends mesa boogie valve cab

naturally the overdrive channels are decent for blues overdrive but shit for real thrash (thats why i got the big muff after all) but tbh Im seriously impressed considering my last amp was a 15 watt piece of crap that cost $200 and I kept blowing the speakers - no chance with this amp muahahahaha, heres a pic anyhow

Very nice.... looks like my favourite Twin Reverb! I always had the belief that most effects always sound better in series with your guitar especially overdrive/distortion effects. Modulation effects you can get away with using the effects loop. JCM800's are the nuts if you're into the british sound, but are hard to drive dirty at moderately low levels. If I had a big bank account I'd have a early 70's built Fender Twin Reverb because they have beautiful clean warm tones (at high levels) that only need to be driven by your favourite stomp box. My Peavey Classic 30 is the closest I could find to a Twin without spending $3K+ on a Fender re-issue or $6K+ on an original. There's nothing wrong with JMP-1's, I'd have kept mine if I were still playing live in bands I just had no use for it anymore.

Have you tried knocking the gain back on the big muff for thrash? Sometimes it's more effective to lower the fuzz boxes gain level and drive the amp harder for a more "clean" (I know... sounds like a contradiction!) aggressive controlable gain that still sounds as heavy as all f**k..... use lots of low/mid EQ if your playing lots of 5th's.

I'm considering building an amp from a Ceriatone (http://www.ceriatone.com/index.htm) kit, I'm liking the (Marshall) 18 watt kit which is pretty much like a Marshall 1974. http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=1974X

I've just got to calibrate my latest Microphone preamplifier (dual Di too) clone that I built and then I might just tackle a guitar amp.

Here's a pic of my hand built mic amp....

1272_2.jpg

I'll dig out a photo of my custom Telecaster I built too....

Nope, but spotted a newish 4wd with internal speed camera parked on the edge of the road hiding behind the South Road overpass on the Port Expressway, and a Hilux or similar about 1km down on the other side of the road with camera. I didn't know the sneaky buggers put them in 4wds and Hiluxs!

post-31501-1240141977.jpg

red thing above kinda looks like a resprayed death race car

and the cams have been in 4wds for a while now, camrys, utes n all sorts these days. they havnt set up a bang bus yet though :thumbsup:

Edited by Inline 6

Nope, but spotted a newish 4wd with internal speed camera parked on the edge of the road hiding behind the South Road overpass on the Port Expressway, and a Hilux or similar about 1km down on the other side of the road with camera. I didn't know the sneaky buggers put them in 4wds and Hiluxs!

damn i was down that way today... lucky i drive like a nanna lol

Lol yes us Crows fans do hate Chad, but only because hes a superstar. I DO NOT rate Brett Ebert at the moment, hes struggling a bit. Freo and Richmond need to merge (could be difficult logistically) so there is no bye round when Gold Coast come in, or maybe Rich and Melb. Freo are just one of those teams that win every now and again, stole Pav from Adelaide (mind you we picked McGregor over him :vomit: ) and will never win a flag.

Yeah I reckon we'll all get 2 byes one year and maybe 3 every second....that's if Demetriou makes it 8 wks before each team's bye....lol, it's gonna be a mess.

I'd almost put 1 large on the new team getting a chance on the big stage before Freo do!!

I really feel sorry for Pav & especially Richo at the moment....they are totally wasted in those teams......me thinks Choco should approach them.

Wonder when their contracts are up.....probably when they're about to retire.