SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

found an out fit for Damo for his big date with Pete

I do sense some jealous overtones in that statement Stevie Boy.....don't worry, I'll free my calendar for you the following weekend :thumbsup:

Have you tried knocking the gain back on the big muff for thrash? Sometimes it's more effective to lower the fuzz boxes gain level and drive the amp harder for a more "clean" (I know... sounds like a contradiction!) aggressive controlable gain that still sounds as heavy as all f**k..... use lots of low/mid EQ if your playing lots of 5th's.

I cut the mids and gain the treble and bass generally and use the gain as overdrive on the bigmuff and run it into the jmp1 on its clean channel and then into the low gain input of the amp... the cleans are what im after mostly, while using the big muff as only overdrive due to its sound in general. i know of loads of people who do use amp overdrive but other people live here so I have to be considerate and play at realistic levels ;P

Here's a pic of my hand built mic amp....

Looks interesting, from a kit i take it?

I'll dig out a photo of my custom Telecaster I built too....

My telecaster has 2 single coil pickups and one dual mode humbucker, each one controlled by an independant toggle switch (humbucker has 3 way) so I can get 11 variations in tone. Also has fender brand floyd rose which Im going to replace with an EVH Trans Trem... Might need to think about getting the tuners replaced at some stage along with a general service... need the electrics looked at cause when all 3 pickups are turned off there is some residual noise... and the barrel plug is worn as they always do... along with getting the top strap lug refitted...

telezoom.jpg

telepic.jpg

-D

Edited by Dohmar

I'm hearing more & more stories lately of sensible peeps in modified imports not getting defected.

Me thinks they're judging you on the spot and making a pre-determination in their heads as to whether they think you're a hoon or not.

If they think you are one, you may come away with a canary......they obviously liked you James.

Yeah reckon i was pretty lucky Pete, pod filter not enclosed, atmo catch can and ebc solenoid all there in plain sight. Think they were more interested in my CAI than anything else.

Looks interesting, from a kit i take it?

The only parts that came as kits to be assembled were the power supply and switches (these are universal and can be used on almost any mic pre), everything else I sourced and built. It's a clone of a very very famous circuit (Neve 1272) and I re-produced it as closely as I could possible with parts sourced all over the world. All aluminium internal components were hand fabbed.

My telecaster has 2 single coil pickups and one dual mode humbucker, each one controlled by an independant toggle switch (humbucker has 3 way) so I can get 11 variations in tone. Also has fender brand floyd rose which Im going to replace with an EVH Trans Trem... Might need to think about getting the tuners replaced at some stage along with a general service... need the electrics looked at cause when all 3 pickups are turned off there is some residual noise... and the barrel plug is worn as they always do... along with getting the top strap lug refitted...

telezoom.jpg

telepic.jpg

-D

Nice guitar, I love tele's. If you're after new machines (tuners) have a look on ebay for Sperzel locking types. Not sure whether you have a preferred guitar tech, but I only ever let Steve Salvi (Salvi guitars - George St Thebarton) or Brian West (Fretco) near any of my guitars

My 2 Levinson Blade strats have that sort of arrangement with coil split humbuckers in the bridge and onboard preamp/eq via 3 way toggle that switches 2 variations of active settings as well as passive. Both also have locking machines. Only my Tokai Talbo has standard machines and one day I might swap these also for locking types.

My custom built Tele has Sperzel locking machines, EMG active pickups, Fender USA - Bridge/Neck Plate/Control Plate and USA made Fender licensed Alder body and a vintage style 1 piece maple neck and finished with a vintage style 5 hole single ply pickguard.

Custom Tele

Partsocaster.jpg

yeah dave got the PM mate

will let u know asap

i had an exhaust leak a while ago and yes it sounds like one of those road trains lol specially on boost

BTW love the internet at the airport.....

Edited by Krishy