SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Well, Tracy and I discussed selling one of our properties today. :blink:

We just want more freedom and now is the time to sell. Anybody want a 3 bedroom house in the Mansfield Park area for $340K? :(

We're going to keep our other property ... its a much larger property. Now we have more freedom to do what we want with the extension. About to get onto the bank and a real estate agent. Mum is moving out of the house end of this month. Not much time.

Hmm ... R34 GTR Vspec :P

^Nope

Man Ruby are you pushing her out on the street ...lol ???? Slumlord king raised her rent to 500 a day to pay for his GTR..lol

34s are so like 4years ago, R35s is whats the rage now

edit \/ \/ lol more than you can afford talbo :) well more than most of us can afford anyways. stupid inequality in this world.

poor get poorer rich get gtr's

Edited by Inline 6

34s are so like 4years ago, R35s is whats the rage now

poor get poorer rich get gtr's

I'm far from rich man. :D I just get a generous salary and manage my money well. I'm more asset rich than cash rich. Hence the reason to sell up. I'd love to keep the house, but I have another investment I am interested in with far greater returns and something I can retire comfortably with. Gotta start planning for the future fellas :)

I'm far from rich man. :) I just get a generous salary and manage my money well. I'm more asset rich than cash rich. Hence the reason to sell up. I'd love to keep the house, but I have another investment I am interested in with far greater returns and something I can retire comfortably with. Gotta start planning for the future fellas :)

I like your mindset :D

does anyone know how to do the following ?

i need some help with :

Priming the cylinders in my engine

do rb26dett oil pumps fit rb25det's

would there be any benefit to the above if it fitted

i have a rebuilt 26 oil pump that im thinkin of using if i can etc

cheers !

easy for you to say ruby, your volvo can tow a RV pop up to sleep in...lol.....Im still going to be wadded up sleeping in the back seat of the 34 when Im retired...lol

hell maybe a R35 or hydrogen powered R36 by then..lol

retirement is over rated, I still want to be busy improving till death, screw sitting around rotting.

gotta live life a bit , you might not be around till the end to enjoy it with loved ones.

does anyone know how to do the following ?

i need some help with :

Priming the cylinders in my engine they should be coated with a light coat of oil on build ??? or assembly lube ? did that happen ? most prime by turning it over without plugs in it. a few times to pump oil into galleries on NO load. dont use synthetic oil on new engines just good quality normal oil or break in oil ?

do rb26dett oil pumps fit rb25det's no idea sorry, might try the main forum area on SAU

would there be any benefit to the above if it fitted more pressure maybe ? or reliability if its the newer style versus old one?

i have a rebuilt 26 oil pump that im thinkin of using if i can etc

cheers !

Some people are real scum...happened today but dont know where coz notcied it when i got home but some prick has stolen the little cirle indicators on my 32..the ones just above the GT badge...i know its not that bad but still pissed off.

anyone know where i can get them from need 2??

im not 100% on the build as i bought the donk as is , the bloke i got it off said the cylinders need priming before running it and to do that you have to take the sparkies out and put oil ontop of the cylinders.

ive got oil for the engine , its ulx 100 or something (cbf checking the container atm)

ill try do another search on the gtr oil pump

cheers :)

im not 100% on the build as i bought the donk as is , the bloke i got it off said the cylinders need priming before running it and to do that you have to take the sparkies out and put oil ontop of the cylinders.

ive got oil for the engine , its ulx 100 or something (cbf checking the container atm)

ill try do another search on the gtr oil pump

cheers :)

a tiny, tiny bit of oil,, not a shot glass full...lol

or it will hydro lock and bend the rods when you hit the starter, end of the motor again!!!!!

then when you do put in the plugs and it fires run it just long enough to get oil pressure(30 sec or so) then shut it off to check everything for leaks and top up the oil again after the filter fills up.

Some people are real scum...happened today but dont know where coz notcied it when i got home but some prick has stolen the little cirle indicators on my 32..the ones just above the GT badge...i know its not that bad but still pissed off.

anyone know where i can get them from need 2??

ebay if your not in a hurry???

a tiny, tiny bit of oil,, not a shot glass full...lol

or it will hydro lock and bend the rods when you hit the starter, end of the motor again!!!!!

then when you do put in the plugs and it fires run it just long enough to get oil pressure(30 sec or so) then shut it off to check everything for leaks and top up the oil again after the filter fills up.

think ill get someone who know's what they are doing to do it LOL ,

not keen on screwing my motor up

easy for you to say ruby, your volvo can tow a RV pop up to sleep in...lol.....Im still going to be wadded up sleeping in the back seat of the 34 when Im retired...lol

hell maybe a R35 or hydrogen powered R36 by then..lol

retirement is over rated, I still want to be busy improving till death, screw sitting around rotting.

gotta live life a bit , you might not be around till the end to enjoy it with loved ones.

I've already done all that. I've done quite a bit in my lifetime already... and got the scars to prove it. I only have two goals left in my lifetime. I had always set myself up to semi-retire at the age of 45-50. Thats about 10-15 years away now. Have a house up the River and own and run a small fleet of houseboats as a semi-retiree, while I do some consulting for the Renmark/Mildura areas. Thats what I'm working towards now. I still want to enjoy life at a half-working capacity. I've still got plenty of time for my toys until then :)

think ill get someone who know's what they are doing to do it LOL ,

not keen on screwing my motor up

sorry for scaring ya,, but it only takes a few CC's of oil in syringe with vynal hose super glued on it to reach to prelube the walls and rings

If you dont feel comfortable doing it I would highly recommend help.. I would but dont have time this week sorry, and yes I have built many race engines in my time...lol a few dozen a year when running a few cars on the track

sorry for scaring ya,, but it only takes a few CC's of oil in syringe with vynal hose super glued on it to reach to prelube the walls and rings

If you dont feel comfortable doing it I would highly recommend help.. I would but dont have time this week sorry, and yes I have built many race engines in my time...lol a few dozen a year when running a few cars on the track

haha your all good mate ,

the engine isnt going to be started for a while yet , still need turbo/manifold , coilpack loom afaik

Amazing. Looks like we're going to have a stupendously large deficit for the next 8 years thanks to Rudd n co.

Global Financial Crisis is one thing, but this is just stupid - unless the defence expansion is counted as part of that long term deficit (who knows till the budget comes out)..

Still, with 70billion in deficit, it looks like Ruddy's gonna be a one term PM.

Sux2Bus.

-D

Edit - Whoops. One too many zeros there. Heh.

Edited by Dohmar