SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

What spring rate are they? Too soft and it'll be poo....

What engine are you using etc?

And just double checking, you do know you'll need an S13 front end and drill the rear towers or mod stock tops/get cusco pillowball HR31 rear hats for them?

Not too sure yet on the spring rate, havent checked the details.

I have a choice of 3 engines...

Yeh i checked out the r31skylineclub guide to it, i saw whats required.

Beware... the guide makes it seem a lot easier than it is lol.

This is exactly what I used... and it all bolted straight together. No cutting/modding required.

S13 Silk Road Section RMA-8 10kg/8kg coilovers

S13 Hub/Knuckle/Stub axle

R31 LCA

R31 rack/tie rods/tie rod ends

R32 GTS-T pot callipers

R33 GTS non turbo 4 stud rotors

R31 brake lines

S13 caliper banjo bolts.

I tell everyone to use the R31 lca so you dont encounter the tie rod end problems (ie only having 4-6 threads to wind it onto)... if you want more track, use spacers.

Have you used the adjustable castor rods with stainless steel joints - $365 (350 + 15 postage) from the group buy on r31skylineclub.com

Yep. I have them in the car, plus whiteline front and rear sways, noltec panhard rod, Cusco Tower bars and Ikeya Formula Rack spacers. You can buy plenty of gear for them, Just need to know where to look for it.

You cant get the castor arms anymore though. :P

Another option is to take the standard castors to a machine shop/engineering mob, and have more thread turned on them, so you can wind them in more. Replace the bush with a Super-Pro/Nolathane job and they work well.

you could also use R32 GTST rotors and get them drilled for 4 stud or get R33 gtst rotors and calipers and drill them for 4 stud :) and have better brakes

I have 32 GTS-T rotors stiing on the shelf awaiting drilling and to be put on.

The GTS rotors are good because they bolt straight on, and people cant give them away. And ANYTHING is a brake upgrade on a R31. Even CA18 brakes LOL.

Edited by R31 drift pig

Beware... the guide makes it seem a lot easier than it is lol.

This is exactly what I used... and it all bolted straight together. No cutting/modding required.

S13 Silk Road Section RMA-8 10kg/8kg coilovers

S13 Hub/Knuckle/Stub axle

R31 LCA

R31 rack/tie rods/tie rod ends

R32 GTS-T pot callipers

R33 GTS non turbo 4 stud rotors

R31 brake lines

S13 caliper banjo bolts.

I tell everyone to use the R31 lca so you dont encounter the tie rod end problems (ie only having 4-6 threads to wind it onto)... if you want more track, use spacers.

Thanks heaps dude !

Heslo i completely understand...

i also dont want SAU to encounter bad rep

so mods feel free to delete whatever i say :P

i come on here because of the good rep i hear and

i could easily find help about audio or other car stuff

see as we speak some peepz are talking bout suspension and stuff

If you walk into my room you will only see imports

If someone asks me what car i like i say "skyline"

this is a good place to hang out and gain knowledge bout stuff

and im still looking at buying an import

im mainly the guy who would like the look of the car

not the engine

i saw drty2 and i said f**kING WOW!!! THATS LOOK SWEET!!!

i also wanted something to move it around with

the fact is that even if i tried to insure the car with the turbo etc. it would cost a shit load

my dad was thinking to put in his name but if i would of crashed it well i get $0 in return

and Madaz dont worry bout it man its ok you can diss me im a noob anyway hhaha nice car!!!

im happy bout my new sound system YEY!!!

080226897e4024.jpg Headunit

p130TSG1642-f.jpeg 6" 2-way

COMBO $169

Matching 4" 2-wayz $59

= $228 cheap for a good setup

Madaz how much was your JVC headunit??? around 500-600 id think ??

latz

Edited by Pepsinator

sorry man i dont recall dissing you

my head unit new was worth $1400 i paid $500 2nd hand

...and Madaz dont worry bout it man its ok you can diss me im a noob anyway hhaha nice car!!!

...Madaz how much was your JVC headunit??? around 500-600 id think ??

latz

So because you've done *gasp* nearly 50 hours of driving, you are a hero and can do fully hektik doughys and just be fully sik in general? Please!

I'm sorry if I'm coming across an ass here but the last few months there are certain members that have joined this board that are bringing down the general quality of this forum and I feel ashamed and embarrassed that they are associated or have anything to do with SAU. I dunno if other people feel the same but I'm already enough of a target as it is driving my car. I don't need the police reading these forums, seeing reports of "doughies, spinoffs on the free way, etc" and then seeing me drive down the street with an SAU sticker on my car and associate me with that behavior. Yeah, you are 16, fantastic, I was once that age too, never did I resort to such foolish behavior and while I'm no angel, yes I do speed, we all do and yes I haven't done things I'm proud of, I'd like to think I drive without putting others lives in danger and on the odd occasion I have done something stupid I haven't come onto a public forum to brag about it to try to boost my ego. Fact is, it doesn't impress me and I'm sure it doesn't impress 99% of the people on here. I have a friend who drives like a dickhead and his behavior doesn't impress me either, don't think I'm having a go at you because I don't know you, I just don't want to see this club go to shit and get a bad rep like so many of the others out there.

Mods feel free to delete this post if you feel it is out of line but I'm just expressing my feelings and is not a direct attack on Pepsinator, I'm sure he's a good bloke, I just don't think he fully understands the shit that can go wrong behind the wheel and the consequences thereafter...

what about when my mate took you for the test drive heslo? sorry for putting your life at risk >.<

^^^

+1

This is the only thing you should be doing to a commy;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1jz-gte-vr-commodor...1QQcmdZViewItem

d48b_1.JPG

dont give me ideas LOL

or an RB25

damnit, i want to tidy mine up and do my BA project LOL. Took the first step to tidying up by removing the front bar and side skirts (and putting the stock bar on). Looks very odd......and very high too hahahha

im happy bout my new sound system YEY!!!

080226897e4024.jpg Headunit

p130TSG1642-f.jpeg 6" 2-way

COMBO $169

Matching 4" 2-wayz $59

= $228 cheap for a good setup

Madaz how much was your JVC headunit??? around 500-600 id think ??

latz

Woah! Don't spend too big there champ.

sorry man i dont recall dissing you

my head unit new was worth $1400 i paid $500 2nd hand

Yeah, Steve, my JVC dvd player package set me back about $1400 too (got mine NEW). :) Got a few more surprises in store for the Stag in the audio department ... but nothing ridiculous! :P

since gettin the canopy on the ute im thinkin bout gettin something more substantial in the way of stereo again. just worried how much i'll be able to hear of it LOL............miss having window rattling bass like the 31 had

nice Reuben i have a digital TV to go in mine but it has very low priority other things need payment first like my turbo

lol what you mean When

He's only 16 man. lay off.

When I was 16 I was more interested in boobs and skateboarding. :)

He's only 16 man. lay off.

When I was 16 I was more interested in boobs and skateboarding. :P

you mentioned those same 2 things in a conversation last week

ah, teenage years LOL

boobs.............................lol :)