SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Apparently it is, but nobody has been done for it, not even drift guys that drive on the road with straight thru pipes, My 33 had only straight thru pipes to a JunBL muffler, NO cat, sounded killa!!
Ive always heard "rumours" about there being a quite large EPA fine

Yeah thats probably why they don't enforce the Cat laws cause EPA fines can be 1000's of $$$$, and they would also have to prove that you removed the Cat and not the previous owner.....explains why they only defect.

my response to why isnt there a cat in your exhaust was gonna be wouldnt rspca have something to say about there being 1 in there.

the previous owner said there wasnt 1 in mine. when i went through regency they looked in the hole and around it for about 20min didnt say anything but they just made sure to say its too loud and needed to be changed anyways.

i cant picture anyone coping that fine as your not expected to be a car expert and know everything that has been changed on your car from standard.

Edited by gzilla

I have a 4" straight through exhaust to a Dunk rear box no cats (meow) or mid muffler sounds the best

The EPA fine is $10,000 for breach of the regulations even if you didnt take the cat out they dont care

If you want a good result out of your skyline get a 3" dump to a 3" metal cat (hi-flow cat) to a 3" JunBL racing spiral exhaust all can be brought installed at Exhaust Technology Goodwood road Kings Pk

Mark or Megan

8272 7500

I have a 4" straight through exhaust to a Dunk rear box no cats (meow) or mid muffler sounds the best

The EPA fine is $10,000 for breach of the regulations even if you didnt take the cat out they dont care

If you want a good result out of your skyline get a 3" dump to a 3" metal cat (hi-flow cat) to a 3" JunBL racing spiral exhaust all can be brought installed at Exhaust Technology Goodwood road Kings Pk

Mark or Megan

8272 7500

until i know of someone who has actually copped that fine, im still going to say its heresay.

Well Mark and Megan have been in this industry for over 11 years and i think they would know what regulations are and arent, considering im her best friend and worked there for a while helping them thats why i know!

Mark or Megan

8272 7500

Lol free plug if you dont mind :P

Jenkies said he would gut my cat for me, but might just go with a hi flow cat. Are the X-force ones any good?

until i know of someone who has actually copped that fine, im still going to say its heresay.

:P

I'll look it up myself later, if I have the time.

Mark or Megan

8272 7500

That a BS rumor.

It's a $10,000 fine if you are business and you are caught red handed as it only the maximum fine not the fine in every case. For general public it's more like $500 and once again you would have to be caught with the hammer and chisel in your hand. Cats only last around 7 years or 70,000 km's (new ones might last longer) and then they generally get spat out the back of the pipe after rattling around in the can for months so it would be very hard for them to prove that you did it. Also if you are running rich then they don't last anywhere near that time as the extra fuel burns them out, i don't know how many cats have died on dynos before the tuners get the fueling right, 5 really rich runs and you cat would starting to become a molten mess.

Edited by D_stirls

Getting an RSM now are we Matty? Wonder where that idea came from?

had the idea before u mentioned anything bout yours LOL

plus im going with autometer gauges as i want a full set to match and nothing that jap land makes (thats within my budget) has a fuel level gauge

I has a new job!!! Start next monday :P

congrats flick, (missed this earlier)

had a second interview today, went forever (1 1/4 hours) never had one that long before

have to wait until Tuesday to find out :)

Lol free plug if you dont mind :)

Jenkies said he would gut my cat for me, but might just go with a hi flow cat. Are the X-force ones any good?

GTR cat > *

im not even kidding, good condition gtr cat will outflow and outlast most aftermarket hi-flows.

On a side note :P "BRING ON THE FOO FIGHTERS" :) 1.5 HOURS and counting

i hate you.

had the idea before u mentioned anything bout yours LOL

plus im going with autometer gauges as i want a full set to match and nothing that jap land makes (thats within my budget) has a fuel level gauge

for a second there i thought it was ben talking.

About to head off to Wallaroo for cricket end of season trip!

Is it double demerits this long weekend?

double demerits is an eastern states thing it was never officially brought in to SA just trialed it a few years back, they're talking bout bringing it in tho...