SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Tint a car do Midnight Express, which apparently is the darkest legal tinting option! Heard good things about it.

Before Steve gets in, i think Ric from Auto Perfection does it too :D

Tint a car do Midnight Express, which apparently is the darkest legal tinting option! Heard good things about it.

Before Steve gets in, i think Ric from Auto Perfection does it too :D

no its not on the 2 front windows - i found out the hard way can be 35% all round but the front windows - no more than 70%

Cara is right i have the widow tinting brochure that i got when my car was being inspected.

Taken from the brochure:

The driver and passenger windows must have a luminous transmittance of at least 70%

The windows behind the driver must have a luminous transmittance of at least 35% unless they are interior windows

The inspector had a good look at the windows in the stag when i was there on Wednesday.

Edited by DSTROY

Umm all these damm rules. :D why can't things be simple.

Thank you for the suggestions. All windows bar the front two are done, the rears do look fairly dark though.

So possibly 70% fronts??

As Andrew has said you can't go past that QFM pads, I'm using the A1RM pads, they have unbelievable cold bite (I seriously couldn't believe it), and i have used them at Mallala and pulling low 1:20's and for 15 minutes and never had any fade. Also done 2 modern Reg' events and i still have another 2 days left in the pads, that's with a few hills runs as well.

They have a 1/2 price rears deal (through GSR RallySport, who's a trader on here) as well and i got free postage as well so that's front and rear 780 degree pads for $190 posted.

Im pretty sure the QFM's are not available for skylines atm. They wont have any for about 3-4 weeks :D

Umm all these damm rules. :D why can't things be simple.

Thank you for the suggestions. All windows bar the front two are done, the rears do look fairly dark though.

So possibly 70% fronts??

My fronts where nearly as dark as the back window on the Stag but i had to rip it cos i got defected, but i'll get them done to match the rears again cos legal tint will look to see though compared to the privacy glass.

70% to be legal, darker if you want to risk being defected.

so, had a bit of trouble moving my seat rail back and forward.

solution, absolutely packed it full of some random loctite grease. (i lol'd at loctite making a product designed to stop shit sticking)

still a bit firm, but whatever, probably just the rails expanded a little when they were being welded and bound up a tiny bit. no biggie, much easier to move than it was.

lol at passed out little guy

off to melbourne tomorrow morning to buy a yellow 02 ford escape for $5999

paid $500 and $90 for air flight. got unrego vehicle permit to drive it back

need to grab 2 tyres in melbourne, fill her up, then drive back.

long day tomorrow me thinks