SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Just finished watching District 9, holy shit that movie was full of win. f**ked up thing is, if events did play out in real life like the movie, I can see us going down the same road. Just my final thought for the night.

Night all :P

new ken block video. :P

Just finished watching District 9, holy shit that movie was full of win. f**ked up thing is, if events did play out in real life like the movie, I can see us going down the same road. Just my final thought for the night.

Night all :)

i finally got around to watching that as well. thought it would be full of aids and fail (didnt much dig the previews), watched it anyway to kill some time. ended up enjoying it. even if it was a dodgy copy.

but yeah, same thoughts, im thinking we pretty much would do the same thing. people are like that, they dont like anything unusual in close proximity.

Edited by scandyflick

Yes a non turbo one will be the same.

With the one that you have taken off, being tight won't effect the performance of the CAS and apart from the bearings there are no touching parts in them, they are just a round disc with two sets of holes, one set has 360 holes and the other set has 6. Optics are used to gain the signal so apart from the bearings there isn't anything else touching.

Well they seem to be a rare as hen's teeth, but I don't want to stick this CAS back in. If its not working 100%, I don't want to know about it. Stagea is coming off the road to have all its little problems sorted. Between now and the Loxton trip, I want to sort out every little thing that is bugging me. I'll be going over the car with a fine combe. To do list is:

1. replace CAS

2. neatly fit air/fuel, boost, oil pressure gauge in console (remove cig lighter and ash tray - they never get used)

3. replace leaking turbo-dump pipe gasket (while I'm at it, I'll get the turbo checked out health-wise)

4. sort FPR issue

5. replace O2 sensor

6. clean/replace AFM

7. full service/dyno tune

8. fit trans cooler

9. fit 52mm alloy radiator

10. fit QFM pads

11. fit new subwoofers and amp to back of stag

12. respray front bar and bodykit to match rest of paint work; and if I have time

13. lightly rub the rest of the bodywork and respray the whole wagon.

I'm sure there's more :P But the stag will look and run better than ever.

Between now and the Loxton trip, I want to sort out every little thing that is bugging me. I'll be going over the car with a fine combe. To do list is:

Heres my list...

1. get minor dents removed

2. get n1 spoiler lip fitted

3. get rear spoiler(s) and front bar resprayed

4. get hubs powdercoated black

5. get calipers powdercoated red

6. buy hicas compatible boss kit and nismo horn button & refit nardi wheel

7. get upper rear adjustible control arm inner bushes

8. get 1cm suspension spacer put in to raise the car 1cm

have taken care of a bunch of issues since last years show, most notably I now have a working aircon - last years drive up was most unpleasant without it

-D

Well I've only started on a few items on my list and already better.

Since fitting the stock FPR back in, the Stagea has ran better. Today we repaired the CAS and checked the timing ... and the stag is running like new!

All the problems started a week or two before the dyno day when I fitted (amongst other things) the adjustable cam gear and Malpassi FPR. Turns out the FPR was one problem and the CAS was the other. When removing the timing belt cover, and leaving it off to tune the timing, it is wise to pack the CAS out with 2 washers. I didn't :) and it appears the shaft/bearings started to press themselves out, rubbing the disc inside badly on the signal pickup. We used the guts of the spare R33 CAS I had to rebuild the Neo CAS and the timing is spot on now.

A new (suspected) problem I had confirmed today was a leaking stock BOV. Borrowed the R33 BOV to fit to the Stagea and no more leak!

:)

Too bad its out of rego now. I'll be driving the 33 for the next few months, while I get the Stagea a bit more sorted.

Heres my list...

1. get minor dents removed

2. get n1 spoiler lip fitted

3. get rear spoiler(s) and front bar resprayed

4. get hubs powdercoated black

5. get calipers powdercoated red

6. buy hicas compatible boss kit and nismo horn button & refit nardi wheel

7. get upper rear adjustible control arm inner bushes

8. get 1cm suspension spacer put in to raise the car 1cm

have taken care of a bunch of issues since last years show, most notably I now have a working aircon - last years drive up was most unpleasant without it

-D

what a weekend, and a week ahead

tinting on the patrol re-done. sporting some nice dark(er) tint on the rear cargo area

my new SAU hoodie (which has copped a flogging all weekend lol)

new computer yesterday (and finally setting it up - bonus is i scored 100gb of extra music)

waeco car fridge tomorrow

and the "power bulge" gets removed thursday thank f**k

is it just me, or are there WAYYYYYYYYYY too many stickes in the SA section? who uses 1/2 that crap anyhows?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? XD

could probably kill a few of them, merge a few more

Agreed
+1
+2

I've mentioned it just the other week in the SAU:SA feedback thread..........

Heres a feedback and improvement idea:

I reckon the sticky section is a bit cluttered.

I dont think we need the following:

- South Australia Events Calendar - does not get used at all

- No More 'for Sale' Threads! - pretty sure the regulars and those with half a clue knows how to use the for sale thread and even a sticky wouldnt prevent those with less than half a clue from making a new thread as once in awhile one pops up anyways

The following can be merged together:

- Sau Rules and Please Obey Forum Rules Or You Will Be Warned Then Banned - obvious reasons

- Adelaide Import Wrecker Listing and Workshop & Autoparts Listing - new title could be Adelaide Import Wreckers, Workshops and Autoparts Listing

What do yous reckon?

some of us are yet to see the point of SAU:SA.......... :)

fishy, if you're actually serious, then that is the most ill thought statement you've ever made.

With that kinda a logic, what's the point of anyone having any car club then?!

I really don't understand so called motor enthusiasts that just want to be constant knockers towards anything new trying to get off the ground........not that car clubs in general are anything new.

I really hope you were only saying that "tongue in cheek" fishy cause you're better than that.

fishy, if you're actually serious, then that is the most ill thought statement you've ever made.

With that kinda a logic, what's the point of anyone having any car club then?!

I really don't understand so called motor enthusiasts that just want to be constant knockers towards anything new trying to get off the ground........not that car clubs in general are anything new.

I really hope you were only saying that "tongue in cheek" fishy cause you're better than that.

I think there are still some haters out there due to the fact it wasnt their clique who thought of it

Regardless of who decided to get the club off the ground, the people who cared enough to get it started put their words into action, got the members involved, appointed a club executive via democratic voting and actually now have something to show for it (a successful dyno day, a good display at kadina and cams affiliation...)

to the knockers - can you do better? Or is naysaying all you can contribute?

Looking forward to the next successful SAU:SA display at the Loxton Riverland Auto Expo with a bunch of fun lovin' folks...

-D