SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

that happen at Lala on Saturday Ruby?

A slower rider cut in on my line into turn 5, when i was going much faster than him. Slammed into him as he turned into my path. Both bikes and riders went into the dirt. Pretty lucky actually. Could have been worse.

Bore down on him thru turn 4. His bike tops out at 160 and mine was doing 190 and closing the gap fast. He was slower and way over to the left, so I saw my opening to get past before the turn. Before the northern hairpin he dipped into the turn early (too early) and closed that gap I was aiming for. I was already committed and couldn't change my line to avoid him at all. Grabbed the anchors, but the back wheel shot up in the air and I almost went over the bars. Backed off the brakes and hit him pretty hard still. He was doing about 40 into the turn, when I can enter it at about 80. Hand got crushed between his bike and mine. Impact was enough to smash the fairing and bend the handle bar into the tank.

I still did another session after that after quick fixing the bike :D ... but the bike developed mechanical problems (we put down to the impact of the crash) and had to retire in the next session. But not before I ran consistent 1m23 times on a bike I hadn't ridden in 2 years (I was running 1m27s then). So apart from the accident, I am happy with the timing results. Bike ran excellent, kudos to my mate for doing the base settings all round. I just need to repair the damage and I'm ready for racing next season.

:D

needless to say, slower bike rider copped a bit? :D

Cars all good to go, picking it up from Boostworx tomorrow night! Fuel pump and injectors are flowing fine, map had a bit more fuel put into it right across the range!

another +1 for Boostworx

needless to say, slower bike rider copped a bit? :)

Yeah. Quite obvious. His leg copped 140kg of bike and 80kg rider slamming into him. He was not game enough to take his boots off. His hand was badly bruised and on ice for the rest of the day. Like me, he wanted to finish his riding before seeking medical help :P I felt no impact and no injuries at all except for my fingers. Shows the benefit of good money on good protective gear. :D The LHS arm section of my full leathers shows where we hit, as does my glove also. I leaned my body into the contact before the bike. Hard to explain, but it protects against having the bars or levers hit which unsettles the bike, and helps keep you upright longer in a chance to save it after impact ... if you're lucky.

Dropped in on Tracy at the hospital before going out with mates to the pub, just to put her mind at rest that I was still in one piece and still up and about. She's banned me from racing or track days 2 months before our wedding :D

needless to say, slower bike rider copped a bit? :D

Cars all good to go, picking it up from Boostworx tomorrow night! Fuel pump and injectors are flowing fine, map had a bit more fuel put into it right across the range!

another +1 for Boostworx

yep will be taking the line to get it tuned there when i get back from holidays.....how much did u send you back Damo?

Fresh FM's main antenna is down! Struck by lightning and a bird flew into it.

No wonder! I waited around half an hour listening to static just incase Fresh FM might come back but alas had to tune to SAFM *shivers*

what about an earful, did he cop any of that? :D

Nah ... at the end of the day, we are both equally at fault for it. He was a racer also, not just an over-enthusiastic street rider, so be both know the risks. I could have waited for a better passing opportunity, he could have picked a better line thru the turn. Too many variables to start shifting blame. He came off worse than I did, so I didn't have the heart to ask him 'why he hogged the entry into the turn', when I could have just as well waited a little longer.

Everyone has bad days as well as good days. Saturday was just one of those bad days. Fix bike, heal, move on.

ruby, was this a graded day?

And if so are you allowed to undertake people?

It was a Kneescrapers day ... practice before the Sunday race day. There was no announcement or written notice that undertaking wasn't permitted during practice. No one (undertaking) got any warning from the officials, not even after the crash. The intent was there to undertake safely, but the gap closed very quick and I reacted too late.

Man it was coming down driving home today. Had the wipers on max and they couldn't get rid of the water quick enough. Probably doesnt help with the cars infront driving through the big ass puddles.

Wayne, heard steph if stuck behind KFC?

It was a Kneescrapers day ... practice before the Sunday race day. There was no announcement or written notice that undertaking wasn't permitted during practice. No one (undertaking) got any warning from the officials, not even after the crash. The intent was there to undertake safely, but the gap closed very quick and I reacted too late.

damn, ohh well thats all part of it.

Anyone know much about valiants? Bay to birdwood is coming this weekend and my grandparents valiant has been sitting in the garage for 3 yrs. Pretty keen to take it out. Any idea what would need replacing before cranking it over?

What oil to use where, and where to buy parts if I need them?

Cheers luke.

If you need a hand with the Val give me a buzz, had a few over the years. Pete's also a MOPAR fan too!

And in funnier news, just had a VS commodore go past my place sounding like a lawnmower with a foulded plug, actually i think the mower would've sounded better!

paid for my oil cooler back on 12/08/2009, the guy has been sick as with a chest infection, and then he said he will post it on 11/09/2009, no correspondence since. Hes a moderator so im sure im not getting ripped off, but just getting impatient!

ask him for tracking details of the parcel... i had an oil pump sent recently, once we tracked it it had actually spent 10 days in the couriers van and he handent dropped it off.... grrrrrrr!!!!!

No wonder! I waited around half an hour listening to static just incase Fresh FM might come back but alas had to tune to SAFM *shivers*

yikes. hopefully hasnt fried the transmitter then

still off, having to listen to nova for a change *shivers AGAIN*