SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Just on these Mobile Phone in Cars law thing, is it still illegal to use your phone to call someone if you use Loudspeaker?

As far as I know, they've banned the use of mobile phones COMPLETELY in cars ... hands free or not.

Mind you in the past week, I've seen countless cops chatting away on their phones. :down: I even gave one cop the "hang up" hand signal. He just glared at me as he drove off.

So who's policing the police? :(

if the phone is sitting somewhere and your not holding it then i dont see why you cant use it, same thing.

its fine to talk to 4 other passengers however, eat a whopper or sip on a drink, but cant talk on a phone, who the f*k is thinking up these stupid f*kn laws, id like to meet them

Edited by Ryanrb25

do you drive the silver one much ruby?

Gee id love to be you in the morning. "hmm what should i drive today, the black or silver stag? or maybe ill ride one of my bikes.."

The weather has been nice enough to get out on my bikes. :down: Though I do drive the black Stag more often, closely followed by the silver Stag in useage. Although my GF pretty much decides what I'm driving/riding for the day: "Baby, can I drive the black stag tomorrow and you take Cam to school on the Brutale?" :(

its prob like that powerball ad....with that dude and his miss have all those cars and cant deciede what they wanna drive in

I'm not that bad! :(

Tell me about it on sat night i was pulled over and told i dont have a drivers licence and havent since dec last year and the cop asked for my mobile number and said he would sort it out and call me then mon night i have a cop sitting a few doors down from me

who the f*k is thinking up these stupid f*kn laws, id like to meet them

The same fools sticking speed cameras up everywhere (in "black spots" *wank-wank*) and deciding what motor events to hit with defect stations.

:down:

After alot of thinking today im not putting my gt35/40r on my rb25 for a while until the car is run in and iv hade fun without worrying about the law. Im thinking of getting my my rb25 turbo high flowed just untill i deside to put the 35/40r on, so what is the cost invold and can i expect around 250kw?

well insurance.. petrol.. it just keeps adding up! Want to save money cos atm i have ZILCH savings which sucks, cos it all goes on keeping the car going..

well insurance.. petrol.. it just keeps adding up! Want to save money cos atm i have ZILCH savings which sucks, cos it all goes on keeping the car going..

yeh im trying to save for a house deposit, just as an investment. impossible :D

so, im considering selling my 32 .. Want to be out of debt and be able to save for a house etc.

Im sad just thinking bout it lol

Oh, oh....spill it Flick......is there something you need to announce Luke.....we have ways of making you talk!!! :D:P

Just on these Mobile Phone in Cars law thing, is it still illegal to use your phone to call someone if you use Loudspeaker?

Should be able to do that, just cant have ya phone in your hand.

And on the police using their phones, i've seen them doing shit on their computers while driving. Seems police and taxi drivers pretty much do what they want, but hey, who's gunna stop them...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Haha honestly the thought crossed my mind but skylines are so damn rare here someone would probably hang me 😂    I’ve had a few LS swapped cars (280zx and a foxbody mustang) so trying something a bit different this time 
    • Not much info in that request..... If you have a VIN you could look up the factory part number here: https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/nissan
    • 2.5 torque? 3.0 torque? Pft. Dude the van is right there. Consolidate your projects, put the LS into the R32 and have either a R32 with grunt, or a firebird that handles, however you want to refer to it. Either way you won't want to drive the Firebird or a RB powered Skyline ever again so this is the proper solution, and you cut down on projects. It makes sense even if you hate it.
    • Never mind the ash - the massive witness mark on the leading edge of the rear arch make little baby jesus cry.
    • Some small fixes made over the weekend. I've been trying to get the car sitting right on the 275's as well as reducing the rubbing as much as possible. I bought a guard roller but the lip within the guard is obviously made of high tensile steel because it took so much work and heat to get the smallest of movements that I totally flared my rear arches. It looks kinda cool.   I also got inside the arches with a dremel to cut down the bumper and the bumper mounts. The first one (pictured) got a bit ugly but the next one was much nicer as I just cut slots and hammered them upwards. I gave it all a spray of primer too. I'm still scrubbing a little bit on passenger side but it has less camber than the drivers, so once that is sorted it *should* be ok. I drop a single corner down on the ramp to simulate that mismatch and see where it is scrubbing.         Here's my flares. The car is lower than this now. Excuse the bush fire ash on the car.    I also haven't had windscreen washer jets for weeks so thought I'd tackle that. It looks like a leak is coming from under the headlight. Just in there. See it?  This would have been clearer and easier if I'd taken the front bar off, but basically the plastic hose connector has broken off the headlight sprayer. And because I couldn't be arsed taking the bar off and fixing what is already a gimmick, I just disconnected the feed hose and with some aquarium hose, circlamps and a drive shaft bolt I fixed it good. The hex piece I tried first did not seal too well (2nd pic) - not sure why I thought it would! 🤦‍♂️.   Because I hate things being broken, I will fix this, but until I could be bothered to take my bar off, this will suffice. Note the BMW push-in hose connector. Because standardised fittings are too passé. I now have an issue with my adaptive headlights always pointing too low and sometimes shaking back and forth when I'm driving. I'm keen to have these working properly. On another note, I bought a set of EBC BlueStuff for the front. I looked at so many reviews; DBA Xtreme (not enough reviews), Ferodo DS2500 (Super expensive and hard to find), Hawk HP+ (hard to find, not many track/street combo reviews) and some others. Was able to get the Blues pretty cheap (~$250 delivered). Also there's a motorsport joint in Hornsby that will supply and install a RacingDiffs LSD conversion for $850 which is pretty good. I know its not a proper LSD but I'm just not keen right now to spend $3500+ on a proper one. I figure I'll give this a go and see what its like, if nothing breaks I can sell the diff with this in and upgrade later if I want. There are some streets near me I cannot get up in the wet at all and just spin a lot in the dry, it would be nice to have traction on these. (I live on a big hill). My first ever skid pan is coming up on the 8th of Nov. Can't believe I've never done one. Really looking forward to it.