SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

whos dyno im guessing turbo tunes

why do black people have to bling everything

post-59-1093225568.jpg

Black people in america were slaves so they had nothing......

so now they ova do it (no rasisum intendid)

by the way i can spell 4 jack ****

that's a good call Robby, is this why they rob kill and use so many drugs, bit like native people in this country they wernt allowed in pubs for so long that when they finally are they don't know how to behave

Black people in america were slaves so they had nothing......

so now they ova do it (no rasisum intendid)

by the way i can spell 4 jack ****

lol save urself the hassle and download the spell check

currently saving for

RB26

Power FC

nismo fuel pump

nismo fpr

hks fuel rail

nismo 740cc injectors

tomei exhaust manifold

trust sump

tomei poncams

hks cams

tomei valve springs

HKS gt2530

hks actuators

trust oil cooler

cusco catch can

splitfire coils

trust pulley kit

braided lines

mmmmm hopefully 350-400

had been eyeing off nismo 740cc from a trader on here for $695 delivered, but would probly be keen on SARD or nismo or hks if they at a decent price. If you have a chance let me know what you can find.

Cheers.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I need to clarify something. The weird actual idle of the engine, AND the RPM gauge being really weird and wonky both started happening at exactly the same time?   If so, I'm going against both of you above, and saying they're likely related somehow.   Unfortunately, the video was filmed in psychopath mode (portrait), which makes it next to impossible to get much detail from it even at full screen size.   My bet is that if the gauge has started going weird, AND the engine went rough, both at the same time, they're related, and it'll be a weird electrical issues. Most likely something back feeding / putting noise in a circuit that shouldn't be there. Quite possibly, a connection going wrong, or a power feed being really wack/out of sorts.
    • Nah thats not a flip up screen. thats just storage space. but im guessing you might be able to use the guts of the stereo part thats working and swap it with your busted bits?
    • ^^What he said. The fuel pressure wants to be about 43 psi with just priming, or with the engine running but the reg sense line pulled off (and plugged to stop it being a vacuum leak). It should obviously be about 13 psi less than that with the engine running and the sense line connected, because that's going to be close to manifold vacuum. So, somewhere in the 30 psi territory. 45 is PSI is too much, and very likely wrong. It is remotely possible that that is the fuel pressure it was set to when it was tuned, if you have an adjustable reg, which I couldn't see. But I suspect that it is not correct, because it was showing very similar pressure at both prime and running. It looks like the sense line is disconnected or blocked (or the reg is stuff, or something else weird). The tacho fluctuating like that is either a fault with the tacho, the wiring from the ECU, or the ECU's own output. The engine was clearly not changing speed like the tacho was.
    • If your idle fuel pressure suddenly changed for any reason it would cause the problem you're seeing. Running rich is as bad as lean. The tachometer issue is likely a red herring. Pull the cluster out and resolder the joints to fix that one. You can also flow test your injectors.
    • Hey guys. I've got a rough idle issue on my R34 GTT RB30/25DET Neo. I've worked on my RB for years and this is the first time where I don't have a fkin clue why it's happening, its baffiling me.  Here's a video of it in action: Long story short: My daily R34 decided to randomly start doing this weird RPM idle fluctuation thing and it wants to die on me sometimes and I've got a higher than normal pressure in my fuel line before the fuel rail which I'm thinking can be contributing to this issue.     The long story:   This is my daily and the car has always performed really well for me up n till now.  It was tuned on haltech platinum pro (running on board map sensor) 4 months ago and did 440hp (on 98ron) and has been driving really well, no issues what so ever. Then one day (about a month ago) I came home from work, fuelled up, popped into the shops and then came back, got in the car to head home, started it and it started idling really rough. Like, I would start it and then it would instantly die on me. So I had to rev it to keep the engine alive and I had to baby it home. And it would also do this weird RPM fluctuations where the rpm needle on the cluster goes up fast then down fast like its glitching weirdly (can see on the video). Note: nothing has been changed on the engine since the tune nor has the ecu been plugged into anything since the tune. So this problem has occurred randomly and is still the same today. Also to note: this happened when the car was at full operating temp (was probably a 30 degree day). And the same idle issue will happen on cold starts. I've attached my complete list of mods here. I haven't been driving the car since. So I've plugged the haltech ecu into my laptop to check for any error codes, nothing. I let the engine idle and I watched the sensors on the haltech ecu manager, nothing odd, and no errors. Temps all look good. TPS voltage is good. I've got the haltech hooked up to a wide-band O2 sensor (pro sport gauge kit) and the afr starts off rich on cold start then eventually it goes to 14.2 like normal, so afr seems fine and normal to me. Since I've changed the spark plugs, it now won't die instanly on me but it still idles weirdly.  The weird thing is, the RPM on my cluster fluctuates up and down but the RPM on the haltech shows normal-ish (no fluctuations). Note: the video was taken after I have done all the checks below.   So here's the list of things that I've checked off and done on my list to try and eliminate possible causes: • Compression test: perfectly fine like it was before the tune (phew!😅). • Changed spark plugs to new ones: this helped a bit with the rough idle, old plugs were all black (they were about 3000kms old). • Did the old quick coil plug test by un-pluging one by one while engine is idling to hear for changes in rpm: rpm/idle changed as they should on each one. • Changed fuel filter: still the same. • Checked TPS sensor on haltech and it reads correcly. 0.45v no throttle and 4v WOT. • Cleaned IACV with a new gasket: nothing changed. • Swapped the IACV with another known working one: nothing changed. • Swapped CAS to a known working one. Nothing changed. • Unplugged the water temp sensor: I know it’s not this because when I unplug it, it would show some weird temp on the haltech software and when i plug it in it shows normal. • I've tried attaching the R35 PRP coil plug harness's ground cable to somewhere els on the head: nothing changed • I've tried putting a jumper lead on the negative battery terminal and then attaching it to the head and block to see if its a grounding issue: nothing changed.  • I've checked the timing marks on the cams and crank all line up. • Changed the fuel pump horn relay (constant 12v mod) to a new one: nothing changed. • I've taken my haltech ecu out and then tested it into my brother's r34 with his map to check if the ecu is still fine, and it is.   Now here's where it gets a bit interesting (and let me know if it's irrelevant); I checked the fuel pressure for the first time ever by tee'ing in a pressure gauge between the fuel filter and damper that enters into the fuel rail (can see on the video). When I prime the fuel pump, it goes to 43ish psi, which it should be according to the R34 workshop manual. Then when I go to start and idle the engine, it stays on 50psi. The workshop manual says that it should be about 32psi. So I immediately thought its my fuel pressure regulator and I changed it to a known working one. And still... it's idling at 50psi fuel pressure. When I take off the vac line on the FPR, nothing really changes. So then I changed the fuel damper that sits on the fuel rail to a known working one: still the same 50psi.  Then I hooked up a long hose onto the exit of the fuel rail straight to the fuel tank flap to see if there are any blockages: it dropped a little bit by 2psi... So no real restriction in the return line. So now Im wondering, if there might be a blockage in the fuel rail or my 640cc xspurt injectors are maybe blocked? 🤷‍♂️   The question I have is; is this fuel pressure on idle (50psi) normal for an RB that has a Walbro 225 fuel pump with the constant 12v mod, with upgraded injectors + standalone ecu on a stock fuel rail and stock fpr? And would this high pressure be my main culprit for my shithouse of an idle?    The other interesting thing I found/tested, was; i swapped out the cluster to my old stock nissan one to see if the RPM fluctuation thing also appears on that one, and it did the same thing weird RPM fluctuation on my old nissan cluster. So something weird electrically is going on that is contributing to this idle issue (maybe?). The fuel pressure also doesn’t seem normal, so I wanted to check in with you guys before i go pulling the fuel rail off (which is such a bitch to do!). What do you guys think this might be? Can I test some other stuff? Does the haltech platinum pro ecu have a diagnosing feature of electrical components that I can try? It can't be the tune/map because it ran perfectly fine for 3 months after the tune and no one has touched the map since.    The next thing I’m tempted to try is injector cleaner which I've never tried before. Can I pour it straight into the feeding fuel line instead of in the tank? Can injector cleaners damage stuff when not diluted in the tank? mod list.txt