SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

lol, love work emails.

Larry gets home late one night and his wife, Linda, says, 'Where in the hell

have you been?'

Larry replies, 'I was out getting a tattoo.'

'A tattoo?' she frowned. 'What kind of tattoo did you get?'

'I got a Fifty Pound note tattooed on my old fella,' he said proudly.

'What the hell were you thinking?' she said, shaking her head in disdain.

'Why on earth would an accountant get a Fifty Pound note tattooed on his old

fella?'

'Well, for one...I like to watch my money grow. Two...once in a while I

like to play with my money. Three...I like how money feels in my hand.

And, lastly...instead of you going out wasting money on shopping, you can

stay right here at home and blow fifty quid anytime you want.'

Larry is recovering nicely in the hospital........

ha ha nice one damo...

i just finished cleaning out my bloody fish tank, took nearly 2 hours!

i think i should have stayed with my old smaller 70 litre aquarium......

but then again, size does matter

Edited by craig R33

We dont have any pets anymore, had a few dud canine's so we canned the whole pet thing. Its alright, less responsibility, less pet hair on all my clothes.

ha ha how do ya get a ''dud'' canine??

i think i have to many pets, 1 bird, 15 fat ass fish, and two staffy pups 5 months old eating my pocket out.

desexed both last friday (females) 752 bucks! thats WITH discount....imagine what i could have donr to my car with that money..

oh well, there worth it. (the dogs that is)

ha ha how do ya get a ''dud'' canine??

i think i have to many pets, 1 bird, 15 fat ass fish, and two staffy pups 5 months old eating my pocket out.

desexed both last friday (females) 752 bucks! thats WITH discount....imagine what i could have donr to my car with that money..

oh well, there worth it. (the dogs that is)

Hrm

2 Dogs, 3 Ferrets, Birds, 2 Sugar Gliders, a Thorny Dragon, 5 snakes, scorpions, hermit crabs, huge ass cockroaches, green tree frogs, a bunch of fish and some turtles. Yeah we got enuff pets I think

-D

thats a f**kin farm mate!

whats better...rotors, slotted and drilled, or just slotted? drilled 50 bucks dearer, dont really need it do i?

slotted will be fine me thinks

whats better...rotors, slotted and drilled, or just slotted? drilled 50 bucks dearer, dont really need it do i?

Dunno. Send me your rotors when they're ready and I'll test drive them for you! :)

drilling rotors that arent made to be drilled will cause stress fractures under high temps...

get the RDA gold slotted/dimpled rotor from the group buy thread, theyre good value for money

-D

Just get them slotted.

People think that cross drilling is to aid in cooling but they are used to release the the gas that is built up between the pad and the rotor under hard braking. This gas reduced the pressure between the pad and rotor and there fore reduced the braking force. Slots do the same thing in venting the gas build up but they also reduce the glazing of pad by scraping the surface of the pad.

well personally i reckon drilled will be enough! brakes didn't fade after time for me! i haven't driven with cross drilled before but people tell me if you're a hardcore braker on the track then go for them! that's what i was told anyway

Edited by nos man

drilling rotors that arent made to be drilled will cause stress fractures under high temps...

get the RDA gold slotted/dimpled rotor from the group buy thread, theyre good value for money

-D

ive done it before and ill do it again

: rda group buy

post-27156-1214896405_thumb.jpg

ive done it before and ill do it again

: rda group buy

Yep Theyre the Goods, I'll be getting a set for all 4 wheels when my gearbox is replaced :)

-D

well personally i reckon drilled will be enough! brakes didn't fade after time for me! i haven't driven with cross drilled before but people tell me if you're a hardcore braker on the track then go for them! that's what i was told anyway

If you buy them specifically designed with the cross drill/holes already in then they're probably the goods but if theyre drilled after the rotor is fabricated you'll definately have problems. Check out the thread from last weekend where blue32 and some other guys took their cars up there.

Someone (cant remember who) had a cracked rotor which went right thru one of the outer most drill holes. Drilling thru metal undermines the structural integrity (Same problem the early metal aircraft used to have major problems with rivet holes developing stress fatigue on the fuselage which resulted in several aircraft lost before they changed their methods). Think of it like a piece of cloth that you stretch, if theres already a hole in the middle, thats the weak spot and thats where any rips are going to develop from...

Disc brakes these days are ventilated anyhow which keeps them relatively cool, the slotting as noted is to disperse the gas and the dust from the pads themselves. For a good read, check this out ; http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

Theres a reason the RDA discs dont actually drill the entire way thru the disc. Go for slotted rotors before x-drilled, and only go to x-drilled when the slotted and dimpled ones arent good enuff (by that time you're paying enormous amounts for proper x-drilled rotors anyhow)

-D