SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Here ya go, this is what happend at Mallala.

Yeah. That crack would have formed on the drilled hole and worked its way outward and then once it'd reached the end of the disc, it would've started to crack inward. Good thing u spotted it. I dont know what happens when discs shatter but I can imagine it wouldnt be nice...

-D

ive done it before and ill do it again

: rda group buy

slotted is all you need for gas evacuation.....don't touch X-drilled even from factory!

Yours are dimpled Mark which is fine but still not necessary imo.

Yeah. That crack would have formed on the drilled hole and worked its way outward and then once it'd reached the end of the disc, it would've started to crack inward. Good thing u spotted it. I dont know what happens when discs shatter but I can imagine it wouldnt be nice...

-D

Thats the reason why I don't like crossed drill seen "cracking" happen a bit but was only with the 4000 series..but thats only what I have seen..

But I like slotted works for me and when there are no slots anymore you know its time for new rotors :) I am really hard on brakes as well so my rotors have done well to put up with me from general driving and about 10 trackdays/supersprints :)

Have any of you SA peeps heard about "Superlap"??

http://superlap.com.au/

Was a bit disappointed to not see any SA workshops on the entry list :) Would think that there would be some really good workshop cars/ individual owner cars to represent SA floating around :)

It's the first time a "timeattack" event to happen in Oz and we are following in the Japs footsteps ..Going to be off tap to see so many Oz cars coming out to battle for the fastest cars in Oz!

slotted is all you need for gas evacuation.....don't touch X-drilled even from factory!

Yours are dimpled Mark which is fine but still not necessary imo.

some are actually ok pete. but im talking about the uber expensive discs that have the holes added while the metal is still red hot and annealing.... metal gets most of its bonded durability during the cooldown, so as long as the holes are done during the construction, its generally a lot safer. Also most professional brands dont actually put the holes in on the outer edge of the rotor, only on the inside and middle (being that a disc rotates a lot faster on the outside and thats where all the brake stresses are). Think of Samurai Swords as a point in case. The swordsmiths will coat the back end of the sword in clay while its still red hot and then they'll cool the blade with water. The blade edge stays hard cause its cooled quicker which is good for sharpness, however its very brittle. The back side of the blade is soft and flexible and can withstand the shock of the saber actually hitting something (or being hit). Without the annealing no samurai sword would be able to withstand even a flesh contact without being damaged. Folding was only ever done because of the exceptionally low quality steel in Japan, they had to do it...

Tho I do agree with you... Braking effects are like trying to rip the brake disc in 2 pieces, the side leaving the pad and the side entering the pad.. having a drilled hole is just asking for trouble, and considering most of us are just doing daily driving/occasional track then you'd be bonkers to stick cross drilled rotors on and then go track em ;P The DBA's have failed for a lot of people and theres an entire thread dedicated to them. RDA for my money, perhaps the dimpling is overkill but I wouldn't say no to the extra speed reduction (esp since I don't track the car).

-D

Have any of you SA peeps heard about "Superlap"??

http://superlap.com.au/

Was a bit disappointed to not see any SA workshops on the entry list :) Would think that there would be some really good workshop cars/ individual owner cars to represent SA floating around :)

It's the first time a "timeattack" event to happen in Oz and we are following in the Japs footsteps ..Going to be off tap to see so many Oz cars coming out to battle for the fastest cars in Oz!

Sean/Boostworx runs in the improved production with a little 808 I believe it is.

In his old rx7 I believe his best time around mallala was a low 1min 17?

Sean/Boostworx runs in the improved production with a little 808 I believe it is.

In his old rx7 I believe his best time around mallala was a low 1min 17?

Does he!!..I know a few cars in improved production over here in NSW

I am not up with good times around Malalla, but I seen Munro did a 1:19 in his beast so a 1:17 from a Old RX7 cant be half bad :)

Does he!!..I know a few cars in improved production over here in NSW

I am not up with good times around Malalla, but I seen Munro did a 1:19 in his beast so a 1:17 from a Old RX7 cant be half bad :)

Andrew (Blue32) did 1:17 when he did his run at mallala. 2 seconds slower than the lamborghini gallardo :)

-D

Andrew (Blue32) did 1:17 when he did his run at mallala. 2 seconds slower than the lamborghini gallardo :yes:

-D

i seen it with my own 2 peepers... was pretty intense. considering he was on semi slicks past the wear ban( f**ked) and engine temps were like a sunday drive :miner:

Andrew (Blue32) did 1:17 when he did his run at mallala. 2 seconds slower than the lamborghini gallardo :yes:

-D

Nice..I am itching to see this car in the flesh! Andrew seems pretty cool as into the motor sport pretty heavily! HI5!!

My semis are nearly on wear ban and the A048S become greasy after 5 hard laps not up to 15minute sessions..but makes it interesting

I think he should invest in lap timer and in car camera! :miner:

haha would of like to see the Lambo drivers face with a GTR coming up behind him!! Stalking is fun ! :yes: