SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Oi! im not a whore lately actually, im just very needy :laugh: Wanna respray my car? Ill buy you a carton of smokes?

OH OH and ill buy you a maxi pick for sat night lotto ;)

hahaha. ive got the compressor but chucked my spray guns..i should reinvest. when i did my walky bar i just bout all the gear in expensive 2 pak paint cans. turned out fine!

noooo jenky no! nooo jenky no! nooooooooooo jenky!!!! i should quit smoking.... but lotto sounds good ;)

ill be taking my gtr rims off today and putting her up on bricks.... getting ready for spray. what sorta beer i need to get to give the dude whos taking tyres of rims???

on another note. anyone know how to uninstall vista and wipe computer and reinstall xp?? i hate vista! THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :blush:

gonna ahve a productive day get the vl regestered and back on the road.... sik of winding up kms on the gtr.

hahah naa its pretty crap ... full of bugs.... got a fair few games that crash after about an hour of playing them.... c'mon a nassa computer shouldnt freeze up!! so gonna give xp a try. help on whiping and installing xp on computer ** BUMP**

Dude Vista is ok?

nah vista is shit ;P slow, bloated, broken.... installing vista on a pc is like kicking it in the nuts and expecting it to piggyback you up a hill...

xp ftw

Oh yeah jenkies, just back up your data on a blank disc, usb stick or external hdd and then format the cd using the windows xp installation discs... or if you have a laptop, reimage the hdd with the XP image discs...

-D

nah vista is shit ;P slow, bloated, broken.... installing vista on a pc is like kicking it in the nuts and expecting it to piggyback you up a hill...

xp ftw

Oh yeah jenkies, just back up your data on a blank disc, usb stick or external hdd and then format the cd using the windows xp installation discs... or if you have a laptop, reimage the hdd with the XP image discs...

-D

lol im not exactly a rocket scientist when it comes to computers... i need it in simple speak.... dont wanna keep anything on the computer as it doesnt have much on it. just wanna know how to wipe and install windows.. step by step for idiots version :blush: hahaha i have a (windows xp with service pack2 pre activated) cd.

Dude Vista is ok?

Vista is shit.

I had it removed immediately when I purchased my new laptop. Vista doesn't let MYOB or AutoCAD or CorelDRAW run properly.

Jenkies, if you get stuck, I can name a guru how could assist. I'll email him now for ya and get a detailed "to do" list on how to remove Vista and install XP. You'll need all the necessary CDs and licences and a web connection (so you'll need to set up your network/internet connection all over again).

This is why I threw it my mate's way ... couldn't be f**ked doing it myself. :blush:

thanks ruby! its a dell xps 720. i still have all the original driver and utility cd's so should be fine. the computer is a bloody animal.. vista is just holding it back hardcore

good havin a chat too ya on saturday aswell.. still cant believe the kms on the black stag!!

damo what are OS games?

I think Damo is saying that maybe the OS isn't the problem with your games crashing.

IMO vista is more than likely the problem. I hate it. All my IT guru mates hate it ... says alot for Vista really.

Jenkies OS = Operating system. I think Microsoft tried to pump out Vista before Mac did big things like Macbook Air etc. but that died in the guts because there are so many errors.

I think only 1 person came out on top with Vista.

Badass Bill Gates

2618573854_409d9f0677_o.jpg

Edited by Damo_R34

lol im not exactly a rocket scientist when it comes to computers... i need it in simple speak.... dont wanna keep anything on the computer as it doesnt have much on it. just wanna know how to wipe and install windows.. step by step for idiots version :blush: hahaha i have a (windows xp with service pack2 pre activated) cd.

lol.

i could do it for ya, but you'd have to come over my place and do work on my car :laugh: or buy me alcomahol

-D

lol.

i could do it for ya, but you'd have to come over my place and do work on my car ;) or buy me alcomahol

-D

he can install winamp on your pc as well :blush: known to improve your chances of picking up next saturday night

just a personal stab people dont expect to understand not that anything i say makes sense :laugh:

Edited by Inline 6

on another note. anyone know how to uninstall vista and wipe computer and reinstall xp?? i hate vista! THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :(

I can either talk you through it over the phone, or drop it off an my place and collect it the next day.

I have just set up a heap of laptops and PC's for work, all needed Vista removed and XP installed.

^ but dohmar has made a cd player out of a dildo n some electrical tape can you beat that, the guys like mcgiver no wait he's better than mcgiver (mallrats joke for those who dont get it)

im sure that arena guy on here from the lan day would know a fair bit to.

ive have now stired the pc whizz fight ;)

i can turn on the computer if that helps jenkies, my glasses may give a false impression that i know what im doing for that 1minute though :(

Edited by Inline 6

^ but dohmar has made a cd player out of a dildo n some electrical tape can you beat that, the guys like mcgiver no wait he's better than mcgiver (mallrats joke for those who dont get it)

im sure that arena guy on here from the lan day would know a fair bit to.

ive have now stired the pc whizz fight ;)

i can turn on the computer if that helps jenkies, my glasses my give a false impression that i know what im doing for that 1minute though :(

hey dan i know a trick to make yr pc faster, its all about getting the dust out of the cracks, u gotta turn yr pc on and while its booting, pick the box up and drop it from 2 ft height...keepdoing this... when u hear something go bang then that means ur hdd is now dust free

-D

jeez im not an idiot dohmar if i wanted the pc to go faster id get this

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...m%3D1%26hl%3Den

nah that wont make it go faster, it'll just make it noisier

if you want it to go fast, you have to recalibrate the warp coils by turning the pc on and off as quickly as u can for a good 5-10 minutes. When u hear the loud bang, its as overclocked as it can get

-D

Check this out

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,23...5-31037,00.html

"Holden alone spent $420 million in research and development last year which has made it Australia's largest private sector R and D investor for a number of years now," he said.

I bet they spent all that $420 million on designing thong holders... or 420 = they were all smoking ganja

-D

No issues with Vista here.

Granted I did step up to Vista x64 and have to throw another 2gb of ram at it as it did feel slower than XP.

Now stepping back to XP feels slow; the general responsiveness of the system is less; programs load slower etc etc.

I don't have any issues with games; no drop to desktops and thats games ranging from the young lads old motoracer right up to BF2, BF2142, Crysis, COD4 good old UT etc..

I can't remember the last time the computer crashed.. It does appear MUCH more stable the old XP.

I also use the comp for a bit of VMware; programming; web development; video editing etc..

Everything just fly's. Since I threw a total of 4gb at it. :(

My BIGGEST gripe with vista is MS Stupidly making it difficult to change settings.. Give me back the good old control panel. Change of Look and feel FTL.

No issues with Vista here.

Granted I did step up to Vista x64 and have to throw another 2gb of ram at it as it did feel slower than XP.

Now stepping back to XP feels slow; the general responsiveness of the system is less; programs load slower etc etc.

I don't have any issues with games; no drop to desktops and thats games ranging from the young lads old motoracer right up to BF2, BF2142, Crysis, COD4 good old UT etc..

I can't remember the last time the computer crashed.. It does appear MUCH more stable the old XP.

I also use the comp for a bit of VMware; programming; web development; video editing etc..

Everything just fly's. Since I threw a total of 4gb at it. :(

My BIGGEST gripe with vista is MS Stupidly making it difficult to change settings.. Give me back the good old control panel. Change of Look and feel FTL.

It works well >if< you have decent drivers for the hardware. So far the drivers have been less than spectacular. DX10 can cause some games to run slower than their DX9 modes, and theres also a retarded networking issue that prevents network traffic if Vista cant ping home to a particular server (and theres no fix, they just added the complexity to piss us off).

I would expect something with 4 gigs of ram to be fast. Max XP can address is 3.5 gigs cause it has a 32 bit memory address limit (64 bit xp doesnt have this problem of course). I can never imagine XP being slower than Vista on equivalent hardware.

And yeah, changing the location of configuration items is just dumb. They did it when they moved to XP and everyone said 'oh we dont like it' so they introduced 'classic view'. Is there an option for classic view in vista? I cant remember. Theoretically Vista has faster framework (so if the drivers improve, so will vista) but the problem most people have is the eyecandy taking up processor cycles. I've got all the animation and draw effects disabled on XP and its about as fast as it can get....

They abstracted the graphics driver to be both userspace and kernel mode.... this will supposedly make it more stable and faster (aka best of both worlds) but it makes writing decent gfx drivers really really hard...

-D