SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Luke's not the only one that's just bought some goodies!!

Thanks to Darron from Just Jap.....friendly guy and very good service.

Also got Joel to hook me up with a Gates belt so just need a waterpump now........anyone here know where to get a good price on one.

Might be giving you a yell soon Ryan :(

post-44795-1216216029_thumb.jpg

post-44795-1216216039_thumb.jpg

Luke's not the only one that's just bought some goodies!!

Thanks to Darron from Just Jap.....friendly guy and very good service.

Also got Joel to hook me up with a Gates belt so just need a waterpump now........anyone here know where to get a good price on one.

Might be giving you a yell soon Ryan :(

hehe no worries pete! just holla my way!

sled as ryanrb25 about water pumps.. he got me mine!!

And yea as Luke said, for a 26 id pay the extra and get an N1 pump, With high revs standard ones tend to cavitate as N1's dont.

yeah thanks Ryan, as soon as I get my act together I'll track you down.

I'm definitely leaning towards the N1 if I can get one for a reasonable price but I'm not keen on paying $300 or more when a stockie should be a fraction of that price......I knew of a place overseas that were selling N1's for approx $200 but can't find them anymore.

Now apparently RB's don't use gaskets for their waterpumps.....huh!!? What do you guys put them on with?

I usually buy water pumps from sprints for around 70 bux, Genuine standard ones from nissan are about 180 or so onwards. They all come with gaskets, I also use HOLIMAR gasket bonder on the gasket aswell for safe measure.

Edited by Ryanrb25

whew thats good because I was chatting to one of Kellie's friends at Unley Nissan (nice bloke) and he reckons they didn't come with gaskets.....maybe that was the N1 stuff, but still didn't sound right.

If i got a pump without a gasket i would make one out of gasket paper or use gasket sealant which is suprisingly good stuff. We use that goo all the time with rebuilding gearbox's, pumps etc at my old work. So not a big deal really.

all the gaskets i have got from Nissan haven't been that expensive. Having said that the R200 diff gasket i got a quote for the other day was $97.

So is Unley Nissan saying that there is no gasket for RB26 water pumps or just that you have to buy it seperatley?

EDIT!!

R34 GTR's are on the "NISSAN FAST" that I have and it only has a listing for liquid sealant with the water pump, no gasket. So that answers that question.

Edited by D_Stirls

I usually buy water pumps from sprints for around 70 bux, Genuine standard ones from nissan are about 180 or so onwards. They all come with gaskets, I also use HOLIMAR gasket bonder on the gasket aswell for safe measure.

Hylomar?

I use that gear on all gaskets.. mainly plenum, inlet etc. Even used it on problem IC hoses that blow off. :(

But nothing wrong with silicon for the water pump gasket/thermostat housing. They are just a bastard to get off next time you go to service it.

Its a waste.. You will then have to worry about throwing too much oil in to the head and how to get it back again.

The N1 pumps are difficult enough to control and require restricting of the oil that flows to the head.

Stick with the RB25/GTR std pump or if you must go for the N1. RB25det and GTR pumps are the same.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n61626351

thats the only n1 pump my mate could find. roughly $220 to buy then around 80-100 to get it here i reckon.

Just spoke to my mate who can get the N1 waterpumps for a bit cheaper than that including freight from overseas.

We're talking under $300 for 1 and as low as $260ea for 4 or 5.........anyone local interested?

Either way, at that price I'm going to order one cause I don't think we'll be able to find them cheaper anywhere else......and as stated by Ryan they don't suffer cavitation issues at high rpm and apparently flow better at lower rpm due to the bigger impellar with less fins.

Just spoke to my mate who can get the N1 waterpumps for a bit cheaper than that including freight from overseas.

We're talking under $300 for 1 and as low as $260ea for 4 or 5.........anyone local interested?

Either way, at that price I'm going to order one cause I don't think we'll be able to find them cheaper anywhere else......and as stated by Ryan they don't suffer cavitation issues at high rpm and apparently flow better at lower rpm due to the bigger impellar with less fins.

I could be, depends on how soon you need to get cash? Gonna be tied up for the next few weeks...;\

-D

Ben that would be OK....it'll take up to a couple of weeks to arrive.

For peeps that I know from here I would be happy to take your word as confirmation and I'll order them either tonight or tomorrow and pay for the lot up front.

My new tie rod ends has arrived awesome :ermm: anyone fitted these before? Should I fit them myself I'm not sure because getting the adjustment exactly dead-on on both side looks to be a pain or should I have some suspension place do it so they adjust it and get an alignment done aswell?

on the way to work this morning i noticed my tyre was flat but becuase the insurance company in taking its sweet time to fix my car cant get the jack and spare out so had to keep driving or limp (10 min) to take locky to school and myself to work and when i got to work i noticed the tyre is about 15cm off the rim now :ermm: and i cant see where or why its flat

post-42665-1216264871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bunny33

My new tie rod ends has arrived awesome :D anyone fitted these before? Should I fit them myself I'm not sure because getting the adjustment exactly dead-on on both side looks to be a pain or should I have some suspension place do it so they adjust it and get an alignment done aswell?

Put the tie rod ends on yourself. Use a tape measure and measure roughly how far screwed on they go. Then limp your car to a wheel aligners.

:ermm:

Kell, sucks about the tyre. No nails or leaks you can see?