SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Most clubs in the city suck to many resons to get in shit lol so i stick to the bay, marion clubs and marion pub :D

as long as u dont go to shags...........my ex got drugged there one nite......and she was there with me and a heap of mates

that was scary............was very close to callin an ambulance for her that nite.........got done with benzo-diazapene (sp) or something like that.

new yorks ftw.............half the bartenders are old school buddies, so free drinks for matty :)

Im not a big fan of HQ either. Top sounding system and choice outlay, but wanker bouncers. The bouncers will even look over the top of the toilet cubicles to make sure nothing should be happening other than the number 1's or 2's, but thats taking it way too far!

They threw your chewies out cause you are not allowed to have them in HQ.

Fair enough, but the way he did it...

Sounds like it would have been crap night for ya! I choose not go out to the clubs for these reasons.

I stopped last new years eve coz i saw 3 people get stabbed and a lot more get bottled at a particular club...so i thought stuff it...year later i go out and this happens lol.

I stopped last new years eve coz i saw 3 people get stabbed and a lot more get bottled at a particular club...so i thought stuff it...year later i go out and this happens lol.

i think that's telling you something :D

I gave up hotel & club security in the mid 90's for this very reason.......10 years of it was enough!

Last time I caught up with my mate who owns Total Control Security Agencies, he said that it gets worse every year.

Amazing the difference I used to encounter between business men entering a hotel at 5.00pm and the same blokes 5 hrs later........like Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde!

Knocking off from a club at 5.00am Sunday morning with a gang waiting for you in the car park wasn't much fun either.

I gave up hotel & club security in the mid 90's for this very reason.......10 years of it was enough!

Last time I caught up with my mate who owns Total Control Security Agencies, he said that it gets worse every year.

Amazing the difference I used to encounter between business men entering a hotel at 5.00pm and the same blokes 5 hrs later........like Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde!

Knocking off from a club at 5.00am Sunday morning with a gang waiting for you in the car park wasn't much fun either.

Yeh i think thats low. Often, they are just doing their job and someones ego gets hurt, so they do stuff like that...stupid. But then theres also some security guards just asking for it.

You wouldnt happen to know some of the "newer" guys working around clubs these days ? 1 of my mates came to the door, also a security guard, and they were pretty much assholes to him too...and they know each other ! I guess i just came at a wrong time...

Back in the day when i used to go out to transformers and the village the pro tigers used to bounce and every one knew you dont mess with a pro tiger they used to also do the security for ttp

Yeh i think thats low. Often, they are just doing their job and someones ego gets hurt, so they do stuff like that...stupid. But then theres also some security guards just asking for it.

You wouldnt happen to know some of the "newer" guys working around clubs these days ? 1 of my mates came to the door, also a security guard, and they were pretty much assholes to him too...and they know each other ! I guess i just came at a wrong time...

No I don't....no one usually stays in that sort of work for more than 10 years because of all the hazzards. Back in those days a few of the guys I worked with were associated with outlaw clubs but the new licencing laws have pretty much wiped that out now.

Back in the day when i used to go out to transformers and the village the pro tigers used to bounce and every one knew you dont mess with a pro tiger they used to also do the security for ttp

Mark Rau who owns Total Control is an ex tiger and he lives up in the NE burbs so it may have even been him in those days. I started work with him in 1990 (after a few years of uniform security) when he only had about 6 guys working for him.......he's now got 100's on the books and even did major events like Big Day Out for many years......I did the BDO for 3 years straight and hated it!

Who needs a car, use our excellent public transport LOL

Seriously - where abouts will you be staying, you can get around easy on public transport for the city and beach (Glenelg tram ride -15 min) and just rent a car to go north (Barossa Valley-30min from city & Clare Valley-1:15 from city; 45 from Barossa), then a few days later head south (McLaren Vale- 25 min from city).

Not staying for Clipsal 500? - 21st to 24th, in the city - may cause you some traffic problems at peek hour whilst you are here. Check out the website to see whats on each day - concerts, racing, extreme machines display.

Edited by 4door_Sleeper

lol was thinkin of usin the car to go to the clubs on the beach strip as I don't think public transport runs at 3am. we're comin in for the cricket double header, and unfortunately I didn't know about the clipsal otherwise I'd have applied for longer leave... I'll see if I can extend it.

I was thinking of stayin in North Adelaide... probably around where adelaide uni is. short walk from the city etc.

last few times I was in Adelaide I ended up at Red Room on friday nights and mainly pubs and stuff on other nights.

what's a cheap plce to rent a car in adelaide? I'll be there from the 15th of feb till the 20th and want a car to go to the beach and the vineyards.

we got like rent a bomb in melb but can't seem to find anything similar in adelaide.

Budget is pretty good and there is one in the city :/

just rent a car to go north (Barossa Valley-30min from city & Clare Valley-1:15 from city; 45 from Barossa), then a few days later head south (McLaren Vale- 25 min from city).

Jesus at what speed, I grew up in the Clare Valley and I can tell you you're not gonna do it in 1:15 from the city, maybe if you start in the northern burbs somewhere and stop the clock when you reach the "Welcome to Clare Valley" sign 5km before Auburn. You'd be pushin' pretty hard to get to the Barossa in 30, most people would quote an hour, but it depends on which way you go and where in the Barossa you wanna be.