SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

i has a question.

got a call from a mate working at a car yard, told me an s2 s14 200sx, 5 spd, stocker, in red has come along, asking $9k, does that seem like a good price?

That's an insane price for an s14a, i think you'll find the market price for them is still around the $14-16K mark.

EDIT!!

On car sale in private listing the cheapest was $12,500 and that was for a auto with 170,000km's, most of them were around the $14.5-17,000.

Edited by D_Stirls

thinking of getting this camera for christmas, can someone tell me if its any good? Nikon Coolpix P80

I basically want a decent camera that will take decent shots (like Vu's camera :) ), but isnt a SLR/DSLR, as im way too lazy to read up and learn about everything im doing.

Canon G10 or G9. Has the features of a SLR but it isn't as complicated - has more of the 'point and shoot' mode, with the ability to turn it all to manual.

Mate has one - they're like 12 or 13 mega pixels. Takes great shots. Can get the G9 for around $700is

Edit: if you want simple... http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-DC...l/dp/B000HVVIDA

Edited by CRoNic...

thinking of getting this camera for christmas, can someone tell me if its any good? Nikon Coolpix P80

I basically want a decent camera that will take decent shots (like Vu's camera :) ), but isnt a SLR/DSLR, as im way too lazy to read up and learn about everything im doing.

SLR's are remarkably easy to learn the basics. Lens aperture, depth of field, variable exposure rates and manual control over focus is what makes the SLR's so powerful... would take you 2 hours max to figure the controls out, but longer to do the fancy stuff (cause depth of field and what not takes a little while to comprehend if you're not photo savvy)

But eh, its your cash :D

-D

Drove to Cape Jervis yesterday for something to do. Had a P-plater commodore follow me all the way down, up my ass all the way. Nearly wanted to pull over and knock him one afew times. Trying to drift in the hills while your up someone's ass isn't a good idea. Nearly rear-ended me afew times.

Oh and Ryan, I know my desperate attempts to get flamage was piss weak. But with stock motor and boost I'd be lucky to pop some flames. Managed to do it coming down the Express Way yesterday while driving next to a Legnum. He gave me a smile and thumbs up after them so I was impressed.

I'll ask Santa for a PFC for Christmas!

Edited by muirsky

Canon G10 or G9. Has the features of a SLR but it isn't as complicated - has more of the 'point and shoot' mode, with the ability to turn it all to manual.

Mate has one - they're like 12 or 13 mega pixels. Takes great shots. Can get the G9 for around $700is

Edit: if you want simple... http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-DC...l/dp/B000HVVIDA

Dang, if they had a Ken camera id snap it up :)

The G10 is awesome - was a wee little bit out of my price range though lol oh and that barbie camera is wikidddddddddd easily the best camera ever! :(