SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Well I used the post that steve linked on the weekend to get to the hot/cold door actuator assembly... took me 2 hours cause I had to remove the centre console, stereo, climate control and such to get to the unit, and then the screws were seized and I couldn't figure out how to get the arm off the bracket...

Finally got it tho... and when I opened the unit up, it had dry joints at the exact same place as the pictures in the tutorial... whoever made those units did a shoddy job on the soldering. Gonna have to get a mate to fix that tonite, but if anyone else with 32s out there is having problems with their aircon blowing hot air (or being randomly switching from hot to cold) then its a safe bet that you got the same issue...

Ahh, to have working aircon for summer. Will be great. It'll take me at least 2 hrs to put the insides back together but well worth it (considering it costs $0 to fix)

-D

got a day off and i thought it was finally time to take my front lip in to get resprayed... had a brain wave and instead of going for wine red which it was originally, i decided to try out some tungsten which is the same colour i used on my wheels.... looks ok so i recon thats what ill get it respreayed in.. bout to take it down now.

then this arvo gonna give the baby a full wax in meguiers tech wax.. just preparing my hands now hahaha.

post-27156-1226977776_thumb.jpg

got a day off and i thought it was finally time to take my front lip in to get resprayed... had a brain wave and instead of going for wine red which it was originally, i decided to try out some tungsten which is the same colour i used on my wheels.... looks ok so i recon thats what ill get it respreayed in.. bout to take it down now.

then this arvo gonna give the baby a full wax in meguiers tech wax.. just preparing my hands now hahaha.

Where are you taking them to be sprayed? I need to get my front bar and rear spoiler done (paintmatched cause its non standard)...

-D

man i hate being 20 and living in the ghetto sometimes.

went and looked at the 200sx today, its super clean, runs like its brand new, unmolested, has loads of receipts, in general, pretty f**kin awesome, threw deposit on it. but insurance is killer, been quoted $2-2.5k so far. sigh.

so you gettin it dave?

not if i have to pay $2500+ to insure it. famous just offered me a $10k of cover(or more if i prove the condition its in) for $1700, so im back in the realms of affordability. but ill keep making calls, ill call up some brokers tomorrow and see what i can do.

Edited by scandyflick