SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Pete:

My dad recently bought a 200 series cruiser GXL also (TTV8D), nice car! Fuel consumption isn't as great as toyota lead you to believe, BUT your right, enough torque to pull a house down :)

When pulling his 2T (fully loaded) camper trailer around NT/QLD mid last year he was averaging about 18L/100 from memory, whereas unloaded he would get about 12L/100. That was sitting on Highway speeds whenever possible, and more often than not 80+ on the dirt "highways".

Nice cars though :)

christ.............thats f**king good consumption right there, and i am surprised at the weight u said it is.

my GQ is 2.8 tonnes, and ive got half the displacement and a third of the torque you do LOL. however im getting good economy from mine. averaging 11L/100 around town and 13-15L/100 towing the trailer and drift car around

someone find me a 200 series front cut............im doing an engine swap haha

anyone want a slab of piss (or cash adjustment) to take my injectors out? i went thru the hassle last time so cbf doin it again, got em supposedly fixed and now there still leaking, so have to take em back to the workshop.

Dude, its like a 10 minute job, i'll come do it if ya want.

Dude, its like a 10 minute job, i'll come do it if ya want.

Did somebody say Beer? Heh. I'd do it if I had half a clue. Sounds like chads got some easy brewskies coming his way? :laugh: haha

-D

Sorry Pete, didn't read the whole thread but did you get the Turbo Diesel?

Correct Ryan

Engine type

Diesel

Engine capacity (cc)

Engine description

V8/DOHC/4V

Forced induction system

Turbo

Maximum Power

195kW @ 3400rpm

Maximum Torque

650Nm @ 1600rpm

Configuration

V-formation

Valvetrain

DOHC

Number of valves per cylinder

4v

Fuel system

Direct injection

- Fuel type

Diesel

Intercooler

Air to air

Fuel economy

ADR 81/01 Test standard

- Combined (L/100km)

haha, that's great.

When I worked at Adelaide Engine we used to sell second hand Scania & Volvo pistions for $20 as they made great ashtrays (ie. the combustion chamber is built into the top of the piston).

Just got this email.

i thought it was funny

THE BEST COMEBACK LINE...

For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an "Australian treasure!"

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply to the lady who

interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws

you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC

interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a

Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:

We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:

I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:

I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:

But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:

Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended