SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

yeah Ryan, there's a little more to it but that's pretty much on the money

EDIT: no one ever stays on the system for too long.....eventually there's a payout once injuries have settled and once a % of disability has been established.

The Pain & Suffering component of the claim used to be a large part of the payout but not anymore....that was drastically reduced years ago.

Past & partial future Loss of Income is a large part of the claim.

Medical Expenses......past, present and partial future is another large part of the claim.

Once the claim has been settled, insurance companies have been known to go after the drivers at fault to try & recoup some of their losses if he or she was drunk, on drugs, unlicenced....etc, etc.

you wonder why the vein in my neck starts to pop out when I hear about inexperienced drivers (and unlicensed ones) getting involved in accidents then putting in false claims...........I actually like my job

And I say goddamn right!

Having an accident is one thing. Misleading the very firms that exist to protect your sorry ass, is f**king low.

If you screw up, at least have the nads to face it and pay the premiums. I wrote off a 31 ages ago and that was after crashing the same car while drink driving and dangerous driving. it cost my bottom line $8k, which was at the time 1/4 of my yearly salary. I never claimed on insurance and it taught me a couple of harsh lessons that I needed to know. Car was worth $12k, I only got $4k back from policy because I was young, stupid and didnt declare the money I'd spent on it (and hence they didnt adjust the rate and therefore the cover).

Not everyones as stupid as me. Some are even dumber tho, and end up getting their parents as the 'primary driver' in order to save a few quid. Sorry to say that if Pete finds you being a fraud on your claims, you get done and sometimesgo to prison, on top of a hefty fine. I pay $1.5k a year insurance comprehensive for the sake of coverage. They got all my history, my driving record, the mods done to the car as well as an agreed value. I don't think anyone can ask more.

I know there are always going to be people (like me) who think nothing can happen. Believe me people, Murphys law was created for you very folk. Whatever can go wrong, WILL go wrong. Unless you're a smart bugger and u plan for all scenarios. Contingency is WIN.

-D

pure coincidences pete, im no matchmaker lol

theres nobody annoying enough to be paired with..................................................................actually on second thoughts im leaving that one alone LOL

im annoying, are you talking about me? :P

I know shylie harrington that works there

yeah, she used to be an action bunny. now working tables.

I hope your not planning on keeping your number plate there, they have to be 300mm from the ground.

Thanks for that. I better relocate the f**ker! :P

bahaha, nathan is awesome. thought bashing the bee-r limiter in the burbs was the cool thing to do. decent bloke really, bit prone to being a muppet though.

shit, just found out your average postie earns more than i do. f**k me running.

Edited by scandyflick

lump sum handouts, thanks k rudd

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...5006301,00.html

hrm, does this include everyone who earned <80k between 1/1/07 and 31/12/08 or everyone who earned ,80k between 1/7/07 and 31/6/08? oh wells, either way im still getting some free money :( if it goes ahead..

lol, the gov is in a cash crisis situation so what does it do..........distribute more of the surplus :(

Me thinks election time is around the corner........but don't look any further than your nose will you Mr Rudd?!

lol, the gov is in a cash crisis situation so what does it do..........distribute more of the surplus :(

Me thinks election time is around the corner........but don't look any further than your nose will you Mr Rudd?!

The Govt is trying to buy itself out of recession

Lol here comes my custom turbo lol

i think damo this will come around april and its $950 not 1K

yep, worried about Kevin 24/7 overspending the budget surplus. The results of giving the mothers an extra 1k or so werent fantastic, at the time they gave the money, spending on pokie machines skyrocketed. I may well go against Studdly Ruddly and save it, not spend it :(

Krishy, where did i say 1k? lol.

i just realised that you didnt say 1K damo

but it was an assumption that just because the jobless (not to be taken offensively) got 1K before xmas that people would be thinking that we will be getting 1K as well but thats not the case

Budget into deficit

The Budget is now expected to sink into a $22.5 billion deficit in the 2008/09 financial year, a massive deterioration from the $5.4 billion surplus projected, and deepening into deficits of over $30 billion in the following two years.

Gross domestic product (GDP) is now expected to grow by just 1.0 per cent in the 2008/09 and by only 0.75 per cent the following year, compared with respective forecasts of 2.0 per cent and 2.25 per cent made in November.

anyone down south - help me put up the stagea?

got a heavy duty jack, and 4 car stands.

just dont have my knees

want to get under, take off cat converter, modify in 5mins and put back on

but yeah, anyone be able / willing to lend a hand to put her up high & safe and mod the cat with me?

bit of a noob post but cant kneel :(

+1 People are always quick to forget how much strain Labor govt's put on our economy. Early 90's anyone??? :D