SAU Community

Black Spurs This Friday

ashneel

hey guys

ok seeing as we have a little interest here are the details:

meet point: PM for meet point details

Date: Friday 12th october

Time: Meet at 11:00pm, Depart between 11:30-11:45pm

also this has been posted on the magna club forums also so there might be some magnas there also but go at you own pace. i havent been there for a while myself so ill be cruising with the pack at the back. if you want to give it a squirt here and there dont do it around other ppl and keep a good distance. we are all sensible ppl here :(

thanks

Ash :)

Yeh, it can be fair evil at night, especially if theres been rain recently, it'll be all dry then some corners will have big patches of wet on them, and the corners have a habit of coming out of nowhere

Great road though and i normally go up at around 2am to avoid traffic (any other time i get stuck behind like 6 caravans that don't understand what a pull-in is)

I'm planning one on nov 3rd, 4th or 5th, have a few cars coming (the day that i can actually drive my gtr) so far if you don't get any interest, will probably be late at night though to avoid traffic

Edited by GTAAAH

me an a group use to go up in the summer, late at night for mountain runs up an back

the road surface is really good, but it is very dark......

i have seen people lose control and crash on that road

some parts of the roads are very narrow, you must watch out for on coming cars an trucks ( an yes even, at that time of night)

if you know your car, then take it for a run. but if you dont then take it easy, an enjoy the nice roads an corners

OVERALL

a very good place to go a drive / run

you can pull some really good G's around some corners :rolleyes:

thats all i wanna do go for a nice drive on a nice road. im not going up to push the limits of my car around corenrs iv never been through before.

anywhose if you interested in coming we will most likely meet up at brandon park business center around 11ish leaving by 11:30 but ill update the first post so look out for any changes

hey guys

myself and dilmah will be heading up to the black spurs friday night around 11pm. if theres enough interest i can post up a time and meet point for others to join us.

iv never been there before so will be taking it easy but if you have and would like to give it a squirt and have fun come down.

thanks

Ash :thumbsup:

Sound good,

At this stage, i'm in, as long as you drive nice and easy so i can catch up in my 1.3 lt gt turbo :).

its a good quick smooth road but dangerous for newbies especially at night. I think ambulance corner still has oil on the road going back towards healesville so take it easy. I ride my bike up there during the week and should be up there on friday during the day either in the car or on the bike im not sure yet.

details have been added on the first post.

so nothing official just meet up leave the meet point straight to the spurs have a nice run and off we go.

thanks

Ash

Hi Ashneel!

I used to be on fastmagna a few years back!... long live the astron!

for this mini cruise, if its pissing down it would be crazy to do it...

an alternate run up to kinglake is ALOT safer... maybe use it as a backup?

even in the wet the kinglake run is safe.

in the dry the spur is magical

i will pencil myself in. plus a few mates.

Mag86 (worked U12 Pintara-2-tone burgundy/grey)

Nomad. (r31 psykline-purple, white 17")

Fuzzter (off its nuts GC8 WRX-green )

i will also be bringing a CB radio... very handy for relaying messages/warnings

PM me your number and i will SMS my details etc for updates?

Hi Ashneel!

I used to be on fastmagna a few years back!... long live the astron!

for this mini cruise, if its pissing down it would be crazy to do it...

an alternate run up to kinglake is ALOT safer... maybe use it as a backup?

even in the wet the kinglake run is safe.

in the dry the spur is magical

i will pencil myself in. plus a few mates.

Mag86 (worked U12 Pintara-2-tone burgundy/grey)

Nomad. (r31 psykline-purple, white 17")

Fuzzter (off its nuts GC8 WRX-green )

i will also be bringing a CB radio... very handy for relaying messages/warnings

PM me your number and i will SMS my details etc for updates?

hey mate i dont know the kinglake run

i wouldnt mind doing that tomorrow also. i was gonna scrap this now cause the weather aint looking good tomorrow at all but if kinglake yuou say is still good int he wet we cans till do it but would you be happy to lead???

ill pm you my number

i dunno guys i don't think its a good idea to go on a cruise where everyone (meaning cops) knows the time and place.

better to meet somewhere and then organize the destination.

lol what??

either way we will have to post up a time and place to meet.

dont worry bout ti dude. only way cops will notice you is if you make them notice you. lay low and no stupid behaviours and you will be all good.

just waiting for a repy from MAG86

i dont know how to get to kinglake so if he can lead us there will be all good unless theres someone else here who knows how to get there.

also my car is still at RE customs. was hoping to get it back today but they said tomorrow. so ill have to wait and hear from them also

Hey guys. I'd be down if the weather is ok, althought I've done it when it was absolutely drenched but it was early morning and you could see which way the road was turning. Please PM if this is still all go tomorro night.

Thanks

moe