SAU Community

Newbie Modding R34

only a newbie starting to do engine mods. searched but dont really understand and just need some plain answers.

car is a r34 gtt auto with fmic, bov, boxed pod with induction pipe, full exhaust, boosted to 10psi via bleed valve, safcII dyno tuned, bosch 040 fuel pump, fpr and oil catch can. should i just keep the safcII or get an greddy emanage? going hiflow turbo in the near future. will the safcII okay for it? thanks in advance =D

go the emanage. the safc does ok when you have light mods but you say you want to run a hiflow. emanage lets you also play with the injector duty cycle, ignition timing aswell as air flow meter bending. just need to make sure you get all the harnesses and the support tool (so you can tune it).

nice...how much power atw u gettin?

debating whether or not get a greddy emanage before i put it back on the dyno. but last dyno run i didnt yet have oil catch can, fpr or fuel pump. managed a 185.8kw atw misfiring due to spark plug gaps too big so tuning still yet to be refined.

You searched and didnt find anything?

Did you read the sticky thread? It has many valuable links, so you dont even need to search :sorcerer:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t66556.html

Threads like "What mods to do first" - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t66556.html

There plenty of info. If you search with S-AFC or SAFC or emanage

You'll find many many threads with all the info you require

cheers

As i have modded the previous R33 and now that i have an R34 with some mod plans to do, ill share with you...

1) Full Turbo Back Exhaust => Preferably 3" dump pipe, 3-4" hi flow cat, 3-3.5" cat back exhaust with high flow muffler. (+15-20kwrw)

2) Air filter => Apexi has best filtration, K&N is pretty good too but not as good as apexi but has a louder woosh sound if u like. +5-10kw

I believe there is real no need for an FMIC upgrade as the intercooler for GTT is efficient enuff to make up to 200kwrw unless if ur aiming above that. So i skip to...

3) ECU Upgrade => Cheapest is the piggyback styles such as Apexi Super Air Flow Convertor or controller...or if u have the budget it'd be best to go for an Apexi Power FC if still available somewhere as they are discontinued... (+20kwrw)

These are prob one of the most basic mods you can do to have you running around 200kwrw on a GTT R34, but you might have to change ur clutch and fuel pumps and etc as well...

Oh sorry mate, didn't read ur writing before advising you on it...For automatic u can't go for Apexi Power FC and also the kwrw will be lower than i quoted out on an auto gearbox...

Also, i forgot about the boost controller as u will need that after an full exhaust...

=\ i dont think you guys get me here lols. just wondering if safcII be able to handle a hiflow turbo? should i ditch the safcII for a emanage? after auto tranny oil cooler, stage 2 shift kit, hi flow turbo, what is recommended to do next? considering i already got cold air box, pod, exhaust and all the rest. thanks

You can either ring up GCG who's based in NSW to hi-flow an R34 GTT turbo for you or get a VG30 hi flow. Either these will be good. Between SAFC and E-manage, i'll go e-manage or even e-manage ultimate if they are compatible with auto.

Once you start changing the turbo, be sure to source out bigger injectors. Prob 480CC or better. Also remember injectors meant for the RB25DET in the R33 are different with those in the RB25DET NEO in your 34.

With injectors, you'll need a fuel pump. Either the Bosch 040 or Walbro fuel pump will do. FMIC will be the way to go as you'll more than likely go beyond 200rwkw soon. Once beyond 200rwkw, time to upgrade your stock clutch to something stronger.

Hope this helps.

the r34 gt-t already has a trans cooler as standard.

for supporting mod, all u would need would be bigger injectors.. u can go the nismo 480cc

yea check out GCG for high flowed turbo.. u could prob go for a electronic boost controller as well

I've got a chipped auto ecu that is tuned for my GCG highflow and 480cc injectors that I'm not using any more.

any chance that i could take them off ur hands??.. lolz

A fmount ,exhaust ,injectors and a plenum are good mods to do.

Plenum is not necessary unless you are chasing huge power like 300rwkw or more. If you go plenum, you'll need throttle body as well and all these will add up costs.

chasing power just before having to rebuild auto tranny. so far hiflow injectors and ecu seems to be popping up alot. at what point will a tranny rebuild necessary? larger auto tranny oil cooler and shift kit would help?