SAU Community

Buying R32 Gt-r

Sorry I have been really busy lately and forgot to reply your comments.

I would just like to thank you guys for all the advice and inputs for me :P .

you guys have been really helpful :). really nice to talk with all of you!

i will try to shop around probably early next year and we'll see how it goes. keep you guys posted!

cheers and wish me luck :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got one coming in, but are having trouble finding boat space for it (it's coming from Kyushu, where a certain large manufacturer is taking all the holds at the moment).

It'll be $16,000 plus guaranteed compliance of $2,500 (done by us, all in house, so the car never leaves our control, guaranteed no tyres). It looks pretty stock from the pictures I've seen. I can get you more info if you're interested, I'm sending this from home now. Kick me a PM if you'd like more info and I'll get you pictures and details tomorrow.

cheers,

-david

Do you guys think it is better to buy a car that's already here in Australia or import one yourself? Is it true that the importers only bring in shitty grade 3 and under car to maximise their own profits? Because when you look at the Japanese auction pages the good 93-94 (above grade 4) R32 GTRS would only cost about $20,000. I've seen a lot of GTRS in Oz for about the $20,000 mark that are just crap and totally worn out.

I want to buy a R32 GTR but is it too risky to buy one locally or is it more of a risk to get one direct?

Thanks

Do you guys think it is better to buy a car that's already here in Australia or import one yourself? Is it true that the importers only bring in shitty grade 3 and under car to maximise their own profits? Because when you look at the Japanese auction pages the good 93-94 (above grade 4) R32 GTRS would only cost about $20,000. I've seen a lot of GTRS in Oz for about the $20,000 mark that are just crap and totally worn out.

I want to buy a R32 GTR but is it too risky to buy one locally or is it more of a risk to get one direct?

Thanks

It used to be true of the car dealers under the old scheme - some of them atleast. A broker isn't making money from the purchase price of the vehicle so to a large extent he doesn't care how much the car itself costs. Good brokers will steer you towards good cars - their reputation depends on it. Also grade 3 for a early nineties model car is still a car in good condition. Very few of them will make grade 4 any more.

Buying one locally or from Japan is only risky if you don't know what you are looking at or doing. A trusted broker can reduce/remove the risk of a fresh import & a knowledgeable person can do the same for a local car.

What tyou have to be a bit carefull of when looking at japanese auctions is to factor in the difference between the auction price & the free on board price. The auction price will always be less.

• 2 weeks later...

i apologize if it is such a basic question ..

i have been looking at some ads .. and found out that some 32 gtr's don't have the "nissan" sign on the left side of the boot above the left tail lights?

is it because they re-paint the car and take that "nissan" sign off?

i have been looking at some ads .. and found out that some 32 gtr's don't have the "nissan" sign on the left side of the boot above the left tail lights?

yes, probably. Also look for the other badges as well. Bonnet, front fenders etc.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys new to the forums, just in the same boat as u, thinking about buying a R32 GTR later this year, Personally i love the GTR, common they got banned from bathurst but besides that, any car that isnt maintained properly is gona cost money to repair, luckily for me i chose to become a mechanic so the only price its gona cost me to fix is parts (wich i get at a lower price :)) and food for feeding myself whilst working, i was gona attempt to trade in my current car when i buy my GTR but think it might be wise to keep it just incase, look when u think about it the car is a GTR it was built for one thing to be driven and driven with performance in mind so yes the car is gona be thrashed, you just have to look for signs where they have been, eg your suspension takes a hammering, engine mounts, gearbox mounts because you are placing extra force on the components, listen for synchro noise when changin gears, check for leaks etc etc there are just basic things to look for on any car

Im looking forward to owning a GTR and owning a masterpiece of engineering

I've had mine for just under a year now... clocked up 10, 000 k's on it since, few interstate trips.

Bought it in Sydney fresh of the boat before it was even complied.. Total stocker apart from the tein's & cat back.

Had to sort out a boost leak immediately... Fitted the power fc and pods and had to get a new twin plate for it to cope... Then replaced the rotors.. Other then this it has been smooth sailing (knock on wood) with regular servicing.

100k service is coming up soon and il be getting it out of the way at 90k mark, also need to fix a slight noise coming from my rear bushes?

Correct me if im wrong here guys, I think the ones with the branded nissan badge were the aus delivered ones?

I've got no nissan insignia on my exterior, sometimes i truly forget that i own a nissan.. haha

ONE THING YOU HAVE TO DO!!!!!!!! If your taking the car or if the owner is taking the car, Make sure you choose the mech for the car to go to because when i was buying my r33 the owner told me his taking it to a really good mech, but not knwing that he knew the mechs so what did they tell me that the car was perfect... and i was stupid enough to go and listen because now im still fixing shit on it still.

Correct me if im wrong here guys, I think the ones with the branded nissan badge were the aus delivered ones?

Thats Correct the nissan badge is on the bonnet. The round circle with nissan written through the center. Also i have a nissan badge on the back. If i had some pic's i would upload them but it's in the shop getting some work done to it.