SAU Community

Coolant For R33 Gtst

dnbutts

The green one!

Nah... anything decent-brand with corrosion inhibitor. You probably don't need anything with antifreeze, which narrows it down a bit.

Castrol, Nulon etc... If you're doing a complete flush, you shouldn't need to worry about mixing different brands, and you can start with almost anything you like. (and you'll know what you can top it up with after that)

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking for coolant hoses and the like. My R33 needs basically a full new cooling hose kit. Do any of you have anything I can use?

(I don't want to pay $700+ through Nissan if I can avoid it)

Cheers,

Josh

i heard to only use genuine Nissan coolant also by mechanic. i never was told why the other brands like castrol etc are no good and If they would or wouldn't cause damage??? its interesting because iv always used non genuine coolants in all my other cars and hadn't had a problem.... are the skylines different or more sensitive?

www.gimmecarparts.com.au

Contact James. I got the upper and lower rad hoses for about $60

Nothing wrong with the Nulon green stuff. I get the concentrate 5L for about $35.

If you want to be anal you can get distilled water. I just use tap water and do roughly 40% coolant to 60% water.

+ 1

I have used it in all of my cars to date, even my dedicated drift car which gets a thorough workout to say the least. Never had a drama. Not much less than the nissan coolant though, so i spose if your a bit anal about your car maybe its worth a shot

There's 15 is there?!! - Is that including power steer etc? I did all the coolant hoses on a rav4 recently. I think there was about 5 hoses all up.

Maybe some of the smaller hoses you can just use standard hose and cable tie it to rigid parts to give it the shape. I didn't think there were that many in the R33

I got all the rav4 hoses for about $70 or $80. Check

http://www.mackayrubber.com.au/all-catalogues.htm

Can order through the other link in my previous post.

• 1 month later...