SAU Community

Driving An Import In Melburne These Days

Bozz

I am of the belief only lillydale area bogans in imports, will be targetted by police. But they are on the lookout for 4 door import vehicles posing as "family cars" :down:

hahahaha, Lilydale is fine, as long as you use it as a thoroughfare and not actually stop outside Dukes or the pool place to do single leggers like all the VN's and EA's in the area....

Look at the positive side, at least Keira will have to think twice before raising her leg on one of my wheels :)

lol...

Have you bought a tow car for the 'ford' track car smile.gif

I'm thinking "track" as demolition derby. I only reconsidered when I saw the original receipt with all the optional extras and it included the usuals like air con, velour, gutless motor, slushbox etc but the one that caught my eye was the pre-ticked entry of "Factory rust - standard"

Edited by Bozz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be fine ....... but you can snoop around and do handbrakies in it unlike the ford.....

i love driving a stock car from point a to b

what ever it maybe

I'm so over a stock car, even though this one is somewhat improved....

Im 19 on my full and a have a 33 gtst, is rather loud and with aftermarket bov n etc... im always out driving n never bin pulled over, im usualy driving around werribee n taylors hill n mostly all round west side lol. Once i got pulled in with a huge boose/drugs bus n got breath tested n the just check my rego n thn i was off! lol

Do ya look dodgy? lol

Been pulled over twice to have a look at the car and probably about twice for being stupid but nothing eventuated from it. Both times i had to go to te EPA and one was the yellow sticker. This was when i bought the car so i raised the car and took the aftermarket BOV off. Now i rarely get hastled and i feel a little more confident if i do pget pulled up. This is in a 4 year span and about 50,000 ks.

My last car was a stupidly low/loud S15, with 18 and a kit (on P's) and i got pulled over all the time, it was just silly. Defected and at the EPA almost every time I drove the thing. Now driving a 33 with 17's thats nice and quiet, no problems....touch wood.

Its all on how your car looks, and where you drive it.

NEVER been harassed by the constabulary. Even when a marked car followed me off from a set of lights. My GTS4 looks like a GT-R, but I knew the police were there, and totally behaved myself (as I always do).

I've even travelled around Knox - yet to meet the delightful Officer Pettet.

I'm 20 and on my P plates and have no problems with cops. I drive anywhere from Cambellfield to St.Albans, sunshine etc. (westside) And never get defected.

I drive a Candy red R33 that stand out like dogs balls, with 20 inch crome rims, loud ass exhaust, stupidly loud induction noise and shiny FMIC and not a problem..even in my gunmetal R32 GTR with quite loud exhaust with pods, FMIC, white wheels etc. and not even a look by the po-po

I've been pulled over only a few times for random breath tests, and have gone through several drugs/alcohol stops aswell as being tailed a few times.

and i always get let off .

Guess its the luck of the draw or perhaps how you talk or present yourself to the coppers. You treat them with respect and most likely they will to you also. And driving sensibly would help also.

I have been picked up alot in the 2 years I have had my 32 GTR for the amount of k's I have done.

they are cop bait for sure, but if your doing nothing wrong then its just sh!tty luck if you get fingered by the poo poo for owning an import.

I was told by a cop. "... the only reason we pulled you up is because of the car your driving, you can't drive these things on the street mate, they are for the track only.." >_<

didn't he sell up his cars n get into home renovations or something like that?

nope, he's still around but has moved on from his past work. I might fire off an email to this thread and let him reply.

old skool SAU'ers here... who else can we get in here....

hey hey hey, i live in lilydale. it's not that bad. i've had many imports and only in my first skyline was i hassled. i used to get pulled over a minimum of once a week on my p's but then once i got the gtr they left me alone. even since then i've had a drift spec onevia and currently the gtir and they don;t bother me (much)

It actually depends on the area you drive in. Driving around the city, docklands, south yarra, southbank doesn't really matter. Whenever i drive on Princess Hwy towards Dande, i'll always keep an eye out for undercover cop cars :rofl:

Had my r32 for almost 5 years now, have done over 100,000kms, have only been pulled over once. for speeding, and was let off anyway.

No problem unless you are on P plates or are a moron.