SAU Community

Hi Guys, Help With A Roadie?

coaster

Hi guys, I just got back from melb where I picked myself up series 1 r33 with a gt3040. It’s an absolute beast! I had a few fun times overtaking several trucks when I wasn’t expecting the turbo to spool up quite so quickly. It’s been 2 years since I had a turbo rwd Nissan and had no idea how much I missed boost!

Anyway im wondering if anybody can help me out with a road worthy. The only real knock backs are the BOV and 3" exhaust with 4.5" tip. The screamer rejoined to exhaust and alot of other normal defects arnt present on this car. My old man use to do them and none of his contacts really want to touch something that is quite this loud

Anyway thanks for your help with this and I look forward to meeting up with some of you in the future.

Dave,

get your exhaust db tested, the bov should be plumbed back in part from that there legal, pods boxed and secure etc etc part from that i dont think most people db test the exhaust for roadworthys mine wasnt when i had mine done, oh and height at least 100 mm from lowest point

sounds like you got a fun set of wheels dude - picsorban

also i love Nuga's (Canungra) i only ever driven crappy 110 Rover's through there but would love to take the 32 for a run around there

Thanks for the help guys. i have had a few offers of places that may be able to help me out. Once my clutch is sorted i will let you guys know how i go. I dont want to fit a silencer as the zorst doesnt have holes for it so if i can get round that i will.

Yeah love the roads round here. There are some serious twistes out this way

If you want to quieten it just for the RWC just stuff a bit of steel wool in the end pipe, should burn out within a few days

although some of you with the 3.5"rs may be stuffing for a while >_<

Edited by Jmaac