SAU Community

Japan Super Gt Racing -

NISMO

Now that the new GTR is no more speculation, and just a matter of weeks away, I wonder if the Nissan Super GT teams will bring it back to racing and dump the Z?

They were really quick to dump the R and pick up the Z when the R stopped production so fingers crossed the same goes this time round and they bring it back to racing.

Anyone heard anything

R35 GTR in Xanavi Nismo colour = drooooooool

didnt they keep racing the r34 in gt racing like a year or 2 after they stopped selling it in japan? and they had the 34 gtr engine in the 350z to begin with im sure i read in a mag somewhere.

but yeah replace the 350 with the gtr for sure :) even though they ment to be bringing out a more powerful Z soon its still no GTR

didnt they keep racing the r34 in gt racing like a year or 2 after they stopped selling it in japan? and they had the 34 gtr engine in the 350z to begin with im sure i read in a mag somewhere.

Yes but wrong way around - the last R34 JGTC cars used a twin turbo version of the 350Z's VQ35DE.

and the official nissan press release

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2007/...71025-01-e.html

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., and Nissan Motorsports International Co., Ltd. (NISMO) today announced that the NISSAN GT-R will run in the GT500 class of the SUPER GT series in Japan for the 2008 season. It has been four years since the GT-R last competed in Japan , when it won the Japan GT Championship in 2003 . Private testing is planned to start soon in Japan.

Details including vehicle specifications and team structure will be announced at the Nissan Motorsports Press Conference in February 2008.