SAU Community

Cops Hassling You About Your Bov?

cheez

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be going in behind the front bar and will be plumbed back in. i just made this so i didnt have to get a custom cooler pipe made so it has a flange positioned behind the bar. it will just be cutting a section out and replacing it with this.
Dude,he's not plumbing it back in...

He has one, working, vent to atmosphere BOV hidden under his front bar to make noise for his own personal enjoyment, or whatever reason he wants...

He has another non-working, aka 'dummy' BOV, which looks standard and is mounted in the standard position, which he hopes to fool police if in the event he gets pulled over...

i don't think police are gonna fall for it personally, but hey at least he's being creative... :worship:

Mate at least read the f**king thread before correcting people.

Edited by swanny180

i reckon what hes done is a good idea wheather it works or not is another thing i had a lound as shit turbo smart bov the megasonic or something and i never got pulled over with it , my mate has a 333hp 4.2L stroked ecotec V6 VS ute anf he got pulled over 2 days once it was going just for the fact he had a bov , not that the copper new where to look he just new it had one , in term to all the his ute wasnt engineered to have a turbo at this stage either so it ended up being a pretty costly defect all casue of a bov , he now has a skyline plumb back kindly donated to him haha hasnt been pulled up since , i still havent been defected for mine , altough i have a little pocket bike air filter on mine now much much quiter only just hear it at ful noise. each to their own i guess!

C'mon Guy'n'Gals, this bloke is personalising his ride, and fair play to him here.

Ya gotta be honest in a lot of cases, people fit things that are purely cosmetic because they like them and want to fit them.

Rarely will these items actually serve any real purpose.... but that's the way it is.

How many people fit tyres that are a waste of money in practice, how many people do you hear in WRX's that have turbo timers, etc, etc, etc.

It sounds/looks good in the opinion of the beholder.

I think the question was, as is thrown into the ring... "what are your opinions?", so a asasination was not called for in such ferocity. Yeap, in all cases there will be pro's and con's, but I think we should try to be a little less personal, and just offer our opinion only. IMO.

Customising/Personalising is the word, but yes, if you don't want to hear the negatives, then don't write it in a forum.

BUT..!!!, what would we be without opinions. ....Good post, it got some ideas rollin', the spirit of forums is alive..!!

There, that's 4cents now..!!

who gives a shit if he has an atmo bov, i got one, everyone is different some people like them some dont... good on him for being creative, if it works it works if not then so be it... i cant stand people who whinge and whine how it will attract cops. If thats such the case drive a f**kIN CAMRY or FALCON. i got sent to the rta with my old man the 2nd day i had my bone stock r33 gtst with him driving it, so long as u have SKYLINE alot of cops thats enough to pick on you.

People say why bother when the standard one is legal, then why bother putting rims on ( stock ones work), why bother putting a kit on ( standard one is already there), why bother upgrading the motor ( thats still defectable in the eyes of most cops and pits) who gives a shit and let him mod his car how he wants it

thanks for all the neg/pos feedback.

it did get ideas rolling in my mind to continue to mod my bov pipe.

and at the same time, my biv that i will be using is atmo/plumbback. its a dual port 1 that vents and returns air. so thats the reason i still wanna plum it back in.

plus its a customization of MY car. I dont care if i get pulled over and its found, regardless of which, i get pulled over anyway just becasue i drive a skyline.

hmm at the risk of being flamed for not reading page 2 of this (too many 'opinions' flying) is it ok to relocate the stock BOV under the front drivers gaurd with the exit FMIC piping without any problems?

i just want to know as i'd like to get my intake pipe to avoid going in front of the radiator and don't want to buy a new plenum - so a setup like devil's advocate is what i'm looking at, but i'm unsure of how best to relocate the BOV and/or any issues this may cause.

i'm guessing if you can put an aftermarket on there then putting the stock one there should be cool too.

No, I'm 26. I learnt how to type, punctuate, spell, and speak in proper sentences. I also learnt how to use a dictionary and spell checker when in doubt.

i agree. there is this language called english. learn it. when you get out of school you will learn that big companies don't like txt language cause only people with single digit IQs use it because they don't know how to spell a word, they just sound it out.

heez Posted Today, 10:28 AM thanks for all the neg/pos feedback.

and at the same time, my biv that i will be using is atmo/plumbback. its a dual port 1 that vents and returns air. so thats the reason i still wanna plum it back in.

. MY BAD!! SORRY BRO!!!

Mate at least read the f**king thread before correcting people.
Edited by BDC70T

ur all losers, get a flame thrower

ahhahahahhahahhahah

on a serious note, good job on trying to find new ways of doing things, thats my 2c

personally i would love to try this.

mafia i think u got a good point, yes its all for wank purposes, but so wat, big deal, im sure u buy shoes that look good rather then make u walk faster.

if u know wat i mean.

i think this forum needs to get rid of this anti rice shit.......if someone wants to get a hks bov and run 2psi, so be it.

I personally like the idea.

And just for a stir... Blow-Off Valves eliminate compressor surge when changing gears. Excessive back pressure is created when the throttle is closed during gear changes or deceleration, causing turbo cavitation. This is detrimental to the life of the turbocharger. Fitting a BOV will substantially improve this problem. Installing a BOV will also significantly reduce turbo spool-up time. A substantial improvement in response from the turbo between gearshifts and a quicker boost delivery will result in an increase in torque at lower RPM.

?? comment anyone?

I personally like the idea.

And just for a stir... Blow-Off Valves eliminate compressor surge when changing gears. Excessive back pressure is created when the throttle is closed during gear changes or deceleration, causing turbo cavitation. This is detrimental to the life of the turbocharger. Fitting a BOV will substantially improve this problem. Installing a BOV will also significantly reduce turbo spool-up time. A substantial improvement in response from the turbo between gearshifts and a quicker boost delivery will result in an increase in torque at lower RPM.

?? comment anyone?

haha, you copied that from turbosmart, ah you know the company who makes BOV's. bias much!?!? what's wrong with stock BOV...

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.php?s=faq