SAU Community

R32 Gtr Half Boost

hazerb30

Cheers, but there is no cat so we can cancel out that. I guess there could be some restriction in the rest of the exhaust so i might drop that and see if it makes a difference. doubt the problem is there though.

After much procrastination. Im planning to take off the turbos and see whats what. The ceramic ones will not be going back on even if they are found to be good.

MY PLAN:

All parts are from Nengun unless someone knows better prices

HKS GT-SS turbos AU $ 2,390.28

nengun-0030-00-hks-turbo_kit_-_gt-ss_-_gtr.jpg

HKS Extension Kit - GTR $459.00

nengun-0110-00-hks-extension_kit_-_gtr.jpg

APEXi Power Intake - GTR $194.00

nengun-0011-00-apexi-power_intake_for_gtr.jpg

Can someone confirm that for me that i can install this gear without any modification. Currently stock turbos/dumps in there. Ive read some talk about ball bearing turbos needing an oil restrictor put in, is this true and would it come with the kit shown in the picture?

Once all this gear is in im planning on having the boost set conservatively. I still have the stock ECU/Injectors/fuel pump. I will do all these in time but ill just be cleaning out the injectors and getting them flow tested at first. What boost would be reccomended? Will i have problems running this gear on the stock ECU?

I guess i should give it a run over the dyno when im done to check the air fuel mix. Will also be making a catch can.

Any input on anything is helpful! Im learning what i can here and willing to give anything a good go (as this thread should show!) :P

Might want to think about the intake side.. If you are going to swap turbos for aftermarket, you will be wanting to do something about programmable engine management. If you go for a map based unit you can piss off the afm's and you can use a different intake setup, neater. If you use rb20/25 or z32 afm's same thing.

Lot of if's there but just another thing to look at. I'd still be trying to work out whats bung before planning for new bits..

Im planning on a power FC in the future. Can i run one without the AFM's ? Dont really mind the AFM's to be honest.. I had one go on me with the R31 but i solely blame that on K&N filter oil. Either way i need to get rid of my useless foam air filters.

Cheers for the oil restrictor info slippery.

Hmm import duty hey.. will investigate.

As for working out whats wrong before buying stuff well im outa ideas. If theres any more suggestions for things to look at before pulling off the turbos id love to try it out. If the stock turbos are good id much rather keep em and avoid clearing out my bank acc thats for sure

Is there some way to hear the turbos spool up or something. maybe one sounds different

Im planning on a power FC in the future. Can i run one without the AFM's ? Dont really mind the AFM's to be honest.. I had one go on me with the R31 but i solely blame that on K&N filter oil. Either way i need to get rid of my useless foam air filters.

Cheers for the oil restrictor info slippery.

Hmm import duty hey.. will investigate.

As for working out whats wrong before buying stuff well im outa ideas. If theres any more suggestions for things to look at before pulling off the turbos id love to try it out. If the stock turbos are good id much rather keep em and avoid clearing out my bank acc thats for sure

Is there some way to hear the turbos spool up or something. maybe one sounds different

You really should of checked the turbos while you were there BUT those turbos are the same as the one i'm getting next tax check...

I would recomend a ecu of some sort becasue you will run into problem if you up the boost. You don't wont' to be leaning out do you?

im gonna need an ecu eventually. even for just the fuel economy

As for leaning out.. definently do not want that. But im thinking of having the boost at 0.9 bar so that should be ok until i can afford an ecu. yeh? hmm.. it all starts to spiral out of financial control.. Whats another 1000 to do it properly now

Still havnt purchased anything. Been all about motorbikes the last week and going for my licence tomorrow. Hope to have some way to get around while the R is off the road

speak to user CEFFIE on these forums about ibfo on re-mapping the stock ecu.

problem with stock ecu is this.

stock turbo's at 0.9bar will flow X amount of air.

GT-SS turbo's at 0.9bar will flow Y amount of air.

The new turbo's will provide different amounts of air flow at different rpm/boost/throttle position.

I'm no expert on the ecu but I'm not sure if the stock ecu is smart enough in it's pre-programmed capabilities to make adjustments for the changes.

there are GTR's in Japan running 10's with stock re-mapped ecu's.

The reason I say to talk to user CEFFIE is that he is not a workshop and I don't think he sells the stuff.

However, he has re-mapped his own ecu and some other peoples.

with brilliant results.

He may even have a re-map for a gtr already saved somewhere which might be a good starting point.

Edited by GTST

its hard to say whether youll be charged import tax too

I and many others didnt, but there are people that do get charged.

Have a chat to Nengun about it, if you need to know more then PM me