SAU Community

Sau Classic Adelaide Cruise

Hotwire

Well I realised today when looking at the dates for Classic Adelaide this year, I'm going to miss it as I'll be interstate for work :)

BUT to relieve my anger, I thought I would plan a "SAU Classic Cruise". Basically I intend to take the cruise on a few of the sections the Classic Adelaide route so we can all experience the drive (all be it at the speed limit and in 1 lane) that gets such great coverage world wide.

It will be a Sunday Afternoon cruise, so we won't be covering a lot of the course (as it runs over 4 days) but will cover some of my favourite sections. So details are:

Sunday December 9

Meet: 12:30 for 1:00pm departure

Directions will be available for d/l when PM's go out.

Register your interest here. Im trying to give plenty of notice so we can get a great turnout like the last cruise to the Murray.

Also note, I realise this is the same day as drift practice, but this can't be helped.

Cheers

Lee

*Edit: Title Amended ;) *

Edited by Hotwire

^Dan its not that funny when you think that the R32 skyline qualifies now under the present regulations (late classic)

1 Historic - for vehicles manufactured after January 1st 1900, and prior to December 31st 1946

Category 1 – 1/1/1900 to 31/12/1946

2 Classic – for vehicles manufactured after January 1st 1947, and prior to December 31st 1971

Category 2 – 1/1/1947 to 31/12/1961

Category 3 - 1/1/1962 to 31/12/1965

Category 4 – 1/1/1966 to 31/12/1971

3 Late Classic – for vehicles manufactured after January 1st 1972 and prior to December31st 1990.

Category 5 – 1/1/1972 to 31/12/1976

Category 6 - 1/1/1977 to 31/12/1981

Category 7 - 1/1/1982 to 31/12/1990

:wave:

Pity GTR's aren't eligible though:

301.2 Eligible Vehicle Type

The event is for vehicles manufactured prior to 1 January 1991, with the exception of turbocharged all wheel

drive (AWD) vehicles manufactured post-1981 and “prototype” vehicles regardless of the year of

manufacture. These excluded vehicles do not comply with the “spirit” of the Event and enquiries should be

directed to the Chief Scrutineer for clarification if required.

These technical regulations only permit normally aspirated 2WD cars to be modified to M3; Targa Tasmania

permits turbocharged 2WD to be modified to M3, but this is not permitted in the Aeromil Pacific Classic

Adelaide.

Edited by Hotwire

I will be seeing you at Sandown that wekend then!

Yes i cannot go for the same reasons........

who are you going with?? ( i haven't seen the support lineup yet) I'm guessing the salon cars will be there

I'll be there with a few teams, mainly with Team Lamborghini;s little orange beast :D

Edited by Whiplash