SAU Community

Rb25 Heads

hey guys just bought a top mount manifold for my s1 stagea it has the rb25t engine in it. the manifold wont fit,its a top mount manifold and the guy is trying to tell me the reason it wont fit is because the head is different between the rb25t engine in the r33. and the rb25t in the stagea.

me personaly i think he is full of shit has any one else had this problem. please help.

thanks in advance.

the guy is full of shit - trust your instincts d00d.

why the hell would any car manufacturer produce 2 different versions of the same cylinder head at the same time for the same motor?

The only thing I can think of is he may have a manifold for a Neo motor that he is trying to fit to a non-Neo motor (or vice versa?)

yeah

you might have to trim some stuff

on some manifolds you need to shave small sections of head material (external) to get it to fit

it all depends on how tight of tolerances it was made to. If its a cheap knockoff, youll have to trim normally

its completly wrong hey, even wit it fully fitted up the turbo mount is less than 2 inches away from the rocker cover.

even the stock turbo wont even go close to fitting ,let alone my gt35r. so i pulled it back off sending it back. he just trying to get out of giving me my money back .or sending me another one.