SAU Community

Revealed: Nissan's New Gt-r

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The R32 had high expectations before it was released, there was no secrecy about the fact that it would inherit the ATTESA of the bluebird which came out well beforehand,

funky, funky funky. bluebirds attesa and GTRs attesa are two completely different things. the GTR did not inherit attesa from the bluebird. it's was purpose designed and built. they are completely different. about the only thing the two systems have in common is the name. the bluebird is constant 50/50 torque split. 32 GTR is mostly 0/100 and constantly variable. the GTR uses wet clutches and hydraulic pressure to distribute drive. the bluebird has a conventional centre diff arrangement.

funky, funky funky <snip...>

true

but you forgot one, nay, the most important point: Bluebirds suck

(unless you're talking $100 RWD manual L20 powered ones used for bush-bashing :thumbsup:)

heh its something I read in an article on the design of the R32 (even had pretty pictures of R32 prototypes)... while its not the exact same thing, its an adaptation of the bluebird's ATTESA which had already been proven successful in the rally circles.

heh its something I read in an article on the design of the R32 (even had pretty pictures of R32 prototypes)... while its not the exact same thing, its an adaptation of the bluebird's ATTESA which had already been proven successful in the rally circles.

dude, it's not an adaptation of bluebird attesa.

bluebird: transverse mounted engine and gearbox (ie FWD platform) with an open centre diff sending an even torque split F+R. centre diff mounted in gearbox, front diff mounted in transfer case. no active torque split. it's a purely mechanical system.

GTR: longitudinal mounted engine and box (RWD platform). transfer case apportions drive. NO CENTRE DIFF. electronicly variable torque split. infinite variation from 0% front to (supposedly) 50% front torque. drive transmitted through transfer case using wet clutch packs.

there is no concept in the bluebird that was adapted to the GTR system. whoever wrote that magazine was talking out of their poop chute! there is notthing you could carry over from one to the other. maybe some 10mm bolts. well and the name. that's it.

My reply was towards WazR32GTSt (with no disrespect intended).

My paradigm is American, maybe that's why I'm jaded. Motorex screwed up importation for us.

I lived in California for 3 years, 45 minutes north of Los Angeles. I saw many a rich puke in the Santa Monica Mountains with cars well above double the price of truly a exotic JDM gray market import. Some of them thought they could drive them too.

Seriously; if a person was able to afford a European sports car I don't think he'll floss the strip in the new Nissan GT-R. That crowd will still buy the Euro because people will recognize it and the babes will flock.

i can name three people in the demographic you speak of who have under the table 10k desposits on new GTR.... all will be parked next to R34's or GT3's

unfortunately the only exciting car i have a deposit on is a 2008 v8 turbo diesel landcruiser and it is not for me :rolleyes: its getting exported back to its mother land for R&D as the only export em.

true that! hell I can't even read most of what I can read in option magazine! now if only they would print japanese mags in all kana, or maybe romaji I'd be onto a winner. :rolleyes:

anyway we have gone way OT due to me being a pedant, so let's get back to R35.

who else is dying to see one in the metal in a different colour? so far they have all been the standard silver, but I'm keen to see a gun metal one, or the coppery looking 'titanium' colour. red may also surprise (as it looks crap in their colour chart thing) and white could also be one that looks good in the metal but rubbish on paper.

I have this huge stockpile of option mags and I've always wanted to be able to translate them and chuck em on the net for all to read... dunno bout copyright and my abilities tho.

white never looks good on paper... although with a black bonnet and a "Proto" look front bumper it'd be the new Takumi car.

Dark Metal Grey for me would be the pick of the bunch... the darker silver brings out the curves, the metallic pearl gives it the right edges.

Yeh, i have missed gears, and i understand its application in a race car. But for me its a road car and part of that is pushing pedals and rowing up and down the gears. I have only had brief drives of paddle shift cars and they are ok but it sucks coming down the free off ramp and just puching a paddle rather then doing all the work yourself.

To me its about fun....just like i used to think havign a sequential manual woudl be cool until i was in a car with one and realised how big a pain in the ass it was. To me its a shame the same companyy that came up with the 240Z, well i was hoping its styling would be better.

That all said the price makes it attractive

Funny you should mention the 24 oz Roy, I see so much of the 24 shape in the new gtr. Wether by accident or design I dont know but its there nonetheless.

I love the agro look of the car, If i could change but one thing on it I would move the rear brake ducting slot in the side skirt a little more aft. It looks too cramped and too close to the front vents.

funky, funky funky. bluebirds attesa and GTRs attesa are two completely different things. the GTR did not inherit attesa from the bluebird. it's was purpose designed and built. they are completely different. about the only thing the two systems have in common is the name. the bluebird is constant 50/50 torque split. 32 GTR is mostly 0/100 and constantly variable. the GTR uses wet clutches and hydraulic pressure to distribute drive. the bluebird has a conventional centre diff arrangement.

http://www.zhome.com/History/MID-4.htm

Check out this link

who else is dying to see one in the metal in a different colour? so far they have all been the standard silver, but I'm keen to see a gun metal one, or the coppery looking 'titanium' colour. red may also surprise (as it looks crap in their colour chart thing) and white could also be one that looks good in the metal but rubbish on paper.

Red:

gtpr2.jpg

gtpr3.jpg

gtpr16.jpg

gtpr5.jpg

White:

gtpr12.jpg

f**k the GTR, I want those ultra low profile car trolleys.