SAU Community

Adhesive

how do you plan on usign the adhesive? to seal the skirts to the body? front and rear bars wont need anything.

sikaflex isnt bad, with skirts its a matter or fitting with screws and then a seal along the top edge so gaps close.

ummm plan on using in conjuction with screws..... jus for the added strength...

yer front bar wont need any....

sideskirts will, and then have the screws in the front of the skirt and rear...like in the wheel arcs...

and not sure with the rear bar?? i dont understand,, coz its come in like two seperate parts and leaves the middle area empty....so i assume the two sepearte parts are like add ons to the original rear bar???

oh ok....any ideas where i could get that from??

haha yerr i thought similar until mine turned up.....best i can come up with is that they replace the rear pods....and add onto the rear bar....because the original rear bar doesnt curve round the corner of the car...havnt tried fitting it yet....might drive across to work tomorrow and try it....i hope its that simple

Best to try it on and see I guess. I was trying to find a picture of an r33 with the Jun style rear bar/pod, but can't find any. They're all pictures of the 400r and do-luck kits.

I don't think there will be a problem. The link above shows you that the bar will come in two so....

use double sided tape with self tapping screws, that's all you need. anything more than that is overkill.

we just spent 1 full day grinding a car back to bare metal with a grinder cos some retard thought it'd be a brilliant idea to superglue his "widebody" kit to his car. some adhesives don't sit well with metal and fibreglass and hot australian summer :laugh: