SAU Community

Anyone Have A 33 Gtr Gearbox Removal Procedure

I found that a 3/8's ratchet with a 150mm extension works from inside the engine bay if you have room to get in there and spin the ratchet.

Then i went and fitted a master cylinder stopper, remote oil filter and header tank down that side of the engine so it was no longer an option. So last time i used a long extension and a wobble attachment on the end so you can get the ratchet infront of the engine to give your self more room to swing and better leverage. Similar technique to getting the top 2 bolts on the bell housing.

just done thi son the weekend..twice!.. remove one clutch and transfer to the other...first crack the bolt with a 14mm stubby ring spanner. Then grab a short 14mm 3/8 socket and a small air-ratchet . .once you manage to get i ton the bolt ,just keep at it.itll come out!... pain in the ass.

Hey guys, in the process of pulling the gearbox out so the OS Giken box can go in.

How do you get to the top starter motor bolt, it's proving to be a pain in the ass?

I have already disconnected everything else that needs to be.

By feel, with a stubby spanner, from underneath...

If you don't own them already, a set of stubby ratchet spanners is invaluable when

working on a GTR...

Regards,

Saliya