SAU Community

Engine Warning Light

Hi guys need some help. my engine warning light was on for about five minutes today and it has me really worried.

I have a 1998 R34 GTT it has done about 98 and a half thousand k's and have had no trouble with it what so ever.

from what i can tell all the oils and coolants are at max and it never heats up over half way.

Runs great and cant work out what would cause it to com on. has me a bit worried because i just had the valve body

Sent off to mv automatics and had a new shift kit done which im really happy with. Only thing is a couple of days after i got

it done i realised the engine light was on for a little while longer than it should be. do you think it has done something

to my motor? i was also thinking maybe it has some thing to do with the fact that im almost at 100,000 k's i know some cars

are programmed 2 have the light on 2 remind you to get a service.

any help would be really, really appreciated

lee.

I've seen the same problem in mates r34. Best thing is to get it checked out by the mechanics. Although i heard that it could be a number of things depending on how long the light is on? Whether it is intermittent? how many flashes etc

did the car feel like it lost any power at all? do u have an aftermarket exhaust? if u do did the sound of the exhaust change????

possibly could be a coilpack as well, just depends, really cause the coilpacks are known to go in the 34's - i should know i lost 3 in 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!

but defintley get the ecu hooked up to find the error code.

im not sure what light comes on in skylines.....but often if your O2 is failing it will come on..... yer as they said...just take it to nissan....they plug it into their computer thing....and it will come up with a fault code....better not to take it to a private mechanic, coz they rnt goin to have the nissan program

Edited by ArNoLdNuMbA5

thanks guys.

no have had no loss of power, and got a stock exhaust.

I called Nissan and they sed they cant help me because its an import and cant do anything about it.

so im going 2 take it 2 Sik Em Wrex on monday after work. Tim thinks its most prob nothing to serious

just a lose wire or a dicky sensor maybe (i bloody hope).

lee.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I did a pretty ruthless clean up before I left townsville. If it wasn't a part to suit a car I currently have it was sold or binned. I have all my stuff organised in big tubs with lids that stack from supercheap and bunnings depending on who was cheaper at the time. Parts were sorted by either chasis/motor/Fabrication/general/electrical. I have a mezzanine that's 7mx2.3m and all lives up there. Easy to access when needed and out of the way.  I also have the issue of selling and dealing with scumplace/marketbook was actually going to list stuff today but couldn't be bothered as been stuffed around too much. I generally let a few people know I want to off load stuff and people pass it on to others to contact me, generally easy sale and I'm never looking to make big dollars. Rather it gets used than go in the bin. Next clean up will be around Xmas and if doesn't go on the s15 it's going bar 2 sets of wheels. 
    • Did a little bit on the V37 today. I bought this LED kit out of the US https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125953603618. Best I could find online but didn't look great, in the end the quality was pretty much right and it did come with locations for each light including rear number plate and a few spares. The factory owners' manual was also useful with information on where to pop each light out without damage. I prefer the LED look as I use it daily including at night and the LEDs are both brighter and the white light is easier to read with. Vanity mirror comparison, LEDs just look more modern The glove box was the only difficult one (and the only one that was previously blown.....), steps were Open glovebox 50% but not fully open Push up on bottom of the box to unclip it on both side, not screws or pins to remove Remove the top stays at an angle, right side then left, because.... Before dropping the glovebox totally, remove soft close clip on left Then, remove 7 screws to release the glovebox surround Twist the globe holder anti clock to release it from the surround In this case, the LED globe supplied was wider than factory and did not fit, so I ground down each side about 1mm then inserted it Last trick, start engine to check the LED polarity is correct, the globe only operates when the engine is running (whether the box is open or closed) I also moved the 4G booster and wifi across from the Fuga, a little frustrating as I could not find a good Accessories ACC source anywhere in the boot so I'll run a wire from the cabin next time I get a chance. Also, unlike the Fuga the external antenna wire does not quite fit between the rear windscreen and the body so I think I'll have to drill a hole in the roof to mount it. Probably not that interesting for most people so I'll just post once complete
    • Pretty sure I could do but it would need to be exported and reimported as the current import approval is race only. But in practice there are plenty of other practical reasons it can't be a road car despite their potential value these days like stripped interior looms, cage to cut out etc Nah, no mods to it other than updating the roll age to current regs. It makes about 350 (laggy) kilowatts on the N1s at 18psi which is enough to push it around the place
    • This is it, folks! Our final event of the year... The big one, you all know and love - Putty Road! It goes without saying, but this is the biggest cruise in our calendar each year! A nice long drive, with a hearty pub feed at the end! Do you need much more enticing than that!?!? So make sure you wash the car, get your cameras out, block out the calendar, and get ready! We know you're all as excited as we are, so make sure you lock in the details and date below: Date: Sunday 8th December 2024 Meet Location: Corner Windsor Road and Groves Avenue McDonald's / KFC (3 Groves Avenue, Mulgrave) Meet Time: Meet at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure Destination: The Royal Hotel, Singleton (84 George St, Singleton) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-puttyrd Itinerary: We will meet at McDonald's / KFC on Windsor road and from there will head onto Putty Road. There will be a break at the Grey Gum Cafe (8679 Putty Rd, Putty) which we should reach at approximately 11:30am. For all the Newcastle folks this will be a good point to join up. From here we will continue on to Singleton for lunch. Please remember to fill up prior to heading onto Putty Road. There will not be a fuel stop until Singleton. To those running on E85, Freedom Fuel (old United) at Vineyard on Windsor Road has started selling there. At Singleton there is a range of servo's available including BP, Shell and Caltex. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a CAMS permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there! 
    • Back by popular demand - we're lining up another Old Pac Run! Get your cars ready for one of the best night runs on the calendar! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 23rd November 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:30pm for a 8:00pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-oldpac Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. Please be mindful of the added police presence lately so best behaviour is expected! There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!