SAU Community

Does Anybody Know...

kralster

you rock flick, thanks heaps.

And thats pretty damn cheap. IF only i could put a tow bar on a R34.

Now i need to decide what car i want to tow with. Stagea would be nice but the fuel economy is not really good enough.

Edited by kralster

Of course you can put a tow bar on an R34 Karl - you can put one on any car. Just takes a small amount of fabrication. But I know what people say about towing with turbo cars, full stop, as you put such a load on the turbo, which obviously is not good for it.

I've heard it's very hard to do on the R34, as there is nowhere good to mount it. Seems strange to me seeing as the skyline is a family car in some models.

And you can get a towbar factory option for the S15.

Maybe some suggestions for cars i should look at. I've had a look at a few liberty's but i think they are too expensive for what you get.

Also been looking at falcon utes, but i might as well get a falcon stationwagon seeing as i need a trailer.

Stagea would be great but i don't feel like paying 1500+ insurance per motorbike and car every year.

Of course you can put a tow bar on an R34 Karl - you can put one on any car. Just takes a small amount of fabrication. But I know what people say about towing with turbo cars, full stop, as you put such a load on the turbo, which obviously is not good for it.

Nah. So long as you're sensible it won't be on boost all the time and be A-OK.

i.e. Don't tow too heavy and don't try and maintain freeway speeds with something like a furniture trailer (large area so lots of wind resistance).

what sort of trailer are you going to tow?

you have to look at weights etc, then whether you need electric brakes on the trailer (and electronic brake controller in the car). I chose a ute purely because the towing capacity is up from that of a station wagon (substantially up, as theres less metal, making the towing car itself lighter

^^^Swish

just need it to tow a motorbike to and fro racetracks.

I am considering a BA ute i really like them.

So they tow good?

Mate used to tow his and his brother's dirt bikes behind his R32 with a homemade tow kit so if the humble RB20DET can do it the 25 will shit it in.

i have towed with an RB20............and it wasnt the most fun with heavier loads, but that was mainly when it was auto and the loads were heavy (ie another car)

motorbike would be fine behind ya 34. Go speak to Allin Towbars at Richmond, as they'll be able to help ya out, especially with removable tongues etc

Nice car, but if i ever spend that much on a car again it will be another skyline for sure.

I'm pretty made up on the idea for a BA or BF ute.

Yeh dude, Go the Ford ute, We tow the race car with a BA XR8, thing did it soooooo easy to Sandown in Melb and i drove the whole way and back! Highly recommend them!

Speak to Whiplash, Se if he can hook you up a deal at his Ford joint!!