SAU Community

Worth the $$$ - NGK Iridium Spark Plugs?

naiwiboo

Hey,

i'm just wondering if anyone has used the NGK Iridium Spark Plugs in their '33?

If you believe the brochure they're a lot better, but I've heard people say they're not worth the money - just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with them or anythin similar - good or bad?

Thanks Guys!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my dad's GTR had problems with the platinum plugs fouling at anything over 1.2bar. we fitted the iridiums and they made a massive difference. much smoother and no probs at high boost. im going to get them for my GTS. i dont know if it would make a huge diff on a low powered car like mine. but it made a big difference with his.

Thanx for the speedy replies guys! does anyone know what the NGK platinums go for at say Autobarn/Repco? - don't wanna get ripped off!

also does anyone know the part number for these plugs for an R33 (NA)?

considering ive got an NA, what gap width would you reckon i should run them at?

Thanx for your help again

hey price is about $19.50ea

I dont know what u should gap them too. i know for turbo RB engines its 0.8mm but on the packet the iridiums say not to change the gap because the tips are very fine and fragile.

I gapped them to 0.8 anyway and they have been pretty good.

Yeah I know, a lot of things are overkill...but they spin a whole lot of crap about how much better the expensive stuff is, I guess people just believe them, a lot of us being those people!!! :P

I was quite happy to go with the cheap copper plugs until he explained to me why the Platinums were better...made sense to me so I bought them!

like i said earlier i have iridiums in mine at the moment. and im happy with them.

i paid $21 each i think, sure they spark stronger due to the finer tips. but i dont expect to see any big performance gain.

but the good thing is i wont have to change them for another 100K k's or so. (NGK quote 150K actually)

ron