SAU Community

Info Needed

sickr33

hey

I was driving back from Yanchep on Saturday the 20th Oct on Marmion Ave 90km zone stuck behind a few slow cars doing about 80km I think one was towing a caravan . so when the next overtaking Zone (extra lane for about 1KM) came up I put my foot down and got passed them but just as I was just pulling back into the left lane doing about 125km I got flashed :banana:

i think its F#@%ing Bull$*&t!!!!! Because it was a singed overtaking zone.

I’m on my P plates and want to know what I’m in for :thanks:

Can anyone help me out so I know what I’m in for?

hey

I was driving back from Yanchep on Saturday the 20th Oct on Marmion Ave 90km zone stuck behind a few slow cars doing about 80km I think one was towing a caravan . so when the next overtaking Zone (extra lane for about 1KM) came up I put my foot down and got passed them but just as I was just pulling back into the left lane doing about 125km I got flashed :banana:

Yeah might be in a bs spot but you got caught being above the limit, tough luck & take it is about all you can do.

hey

Exactly what is bull$hit about it? just cause its an overtaking zone doesnt mean u go 35km over the limit to overtake. If you can't ovetake safely within the speed limit then you shouldn't have done so.

You are gonna cop $350 and 5 demerits info courtesy of http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov.au/in...topicsPenalties

Thanks for the fast replies

at first I thought I might get $350 fine and 5 points as on RAC website but then my mate told me that more than 29KM over is loss of licence because I am a P plater! :thanks:

I have looked all over the net and can’t find anything to back this up any thoughts?

cheers!

Yeah as said above, despite common belief, overtaking lanes are only used to over take people who are doing less than the speed limit, meaning you overtake them doing the speed limit (or less).

Be glad you didn't get pulled over doing it, from what I remember when you're doing 35 above they can also press dangerous driving charges.

Pay the fine, loose the points and learn from the mistake.

I went on a cruise with UCCC and i was done on a double demerit w/k doing 128 in a 50 zone but they let me off for 99 in a 50 zone. Im a P plater and i got off with a $250 fine and 8 demerits.

I dont know how it happend but i got really lucky.

When it comes to overtaking, you can go above the speed limit by 10%. In other words, in that 80 zone, you can over take at a max speed of 88 km/h. Mind sound like crap, cause it takes forever to get past, but that is how it is. Bad luck mate.

When it comes to overtaking, you can go above the speed limit by 10%. In other words, in that 80 zone, you can over take at a max speed of 88 km/h

Don't know where you read/heard that, but according to the road rules book you are not allowed to exceed the speed limit to overtake.

As for radar detectors, mine must be crap because it only detects them like 100m away max (usually less) even when there is no traffic around. Still, a little warning is better then no warning.

It depends on if your licence is suspended or cancelled. If it is suspended you don't need to resit the test, but if it is cancelled you have to resit the learners test and the driving test again (not the hazard perception test & log book though).