SAU Community

V Spec To Be Released A Year After Gt-r Release

funkymonkey

looking at the standard equipment list, there is certainly A LOT of stuff to throw out to save weight. And it doesn't have a CF roof/bonnet yet either.

Titanium exhaust will prob be standard on the V-Spec+ versions, which is 10kg right there. Prob 100-150kg to be found i reckon.

hey funky, when we get them sold officially here, and say Nissan AU decides not to bring the V-Specs out, does that mean we wouldn't be able to import any V-Specs because there is a silhouette car already here?

If the standard GTR can knock off a 911 Turbo, can't wait to see what the more track orientated ones can do :spank:

In terms of rims, how many aftermarket 20" choices to you get in the lightweight/racing area? You'd have your pic of a shiteload of chrome, but staple a/m rims like the TE-37, LM-GT4's, etc, etc... are you going to have much choice in the 20" range?

In terms of rims, how many aftermarket 20" choices to you get in the lightweight/racing area? You'd have your pic of a shiteload of chrome, but staple a/m rims like the TE-37, LM-GT4's, etc, etc... are you going to have much choice in the 20" range?

I was thinking... in the rim department, will they be same stud pattern as r33/34's i wonder...

hey funky, when we get them sold officially here, and say Nissan AU decides not to bring the V-Specs out, does that mean we wouldn't be able to import any V-Specs because there is a silhouette car already here?

Yeah same side on silhouette means it won't qualify.

look more towards the euro market for decent 20" fully forged rims or forged outers with cast centres. they've been on lambo's, fezza's n brabus' for years. didn't the Nissan FX come standard with similar wheels to the new GT-R, they were straight fits onto skylines and silvias.

you can bet companies like Rays will start making wheels like the LMGT-4's and CE28N in 20" sizes fairly soon

I was thinking... in the rim department, will they be same stud pattern as r33/34's i wonder...

judging by the photos, they still look to be using 5x114.3 PCD

only problem is, it's illegal to fit smaller than factory wheels (you'd need at least 19" to clear the brakes anyway)

Yeah same side on silhouette means it won't qualify.

look more towards the euro market for decent 20" fully forged rims or forged outers with cast centres. they've been on lambo's, fezza's n brabus' for years. didn't the Nissan FX come standard with similar wheels to the new GT-R, they were straight fits onto skylines and silvias.

word has it it will be on sevs soon as its not gonna be a full volume import, time will tell i guess

and regarding wheels, the U.S has many lightweight forged options, forgiatio to name 1, they make some hectic wheels, i jus brang over a staggered set in 22x11 and 20x9 for a 360 modena.

if it goes on sevs, im definitely selling my 34 n 32 GTR's to get 1 :P

word has it it will be on sevs soon as its not gonna be a full volume import, time will tell i guess

technically you can get it on SEVS even if its brought in as a full volume import as Nissan will only start sales in late 2008, wheras its available from Dec 2007 in japan. Which means that 1 year period qualifies regardless, providing someone makes a proper application prior to Nissan selling them locally.

technically you can get it on SEVS even if its brought in as a full volume import as Nissan will only start sales in late 2008, wheras its available from Dec 2007 in japan. Which means that 1 year period qualifies regardless, providing someone makes a proper application prior to Nissan selling them locally.

how much will it be in japan and how much would it cost on top of that to bring it here and rego?