SAU Community

Will They Fit?

Hey guys, getting some R34 Brembos bolted up to my 33 GTSt on Monday... now I know they bolt up fine but what I need to know is will they fit underneath my 17 inch rims?

I have attached some pics to show how much room is in there now (plenty) but I really have no idea how big the Brembo caliper is compared to the sumitomo... I believe the rotors are 300mm? which should fit okay

thanks in advance!

post-7369-1193382805_thumb.jpg

post-7369-1193382865_thumb.jpg

Maybe have a search for pics of a stock R34 GTRs wheel, and see if you can tell how much clearance there is between the bigger 18' rims and if you think thered be room behind 17s...

As for caliper clearance, you seem to have a fair bit with those rims so I doubt there would be a problem

the brembos fit fine under pretty much any 17" rim that suits gtr offset. They are only a little bigger than the r33 brakes you are much better going for something bigger - I would be surprised if you notice the difference between the 33 gtst and brembo rotors

the brembos fit fine under pretty much any 17" rim that suits gtr offset. They are only a little bigger than the r33 brakes you are much better going for something bigger - I would be surprised if you notice the difference between the 33 gtst and brembo rotors

I'll call different. I upgraded to the gtr brembos on the gtst and I couldnt be happier. They bite harder and even on prolonged hard driving i cant get the pedal to fade. My bud did the same to his 25 powered 32 with the same results as me.

A worthwhile upgrade imo.

Well I think thats more likely to be because you bled the fluid properly at the same time and maybe put differerent pads in too? For the money (say$1500) brembos are a poor value upgrade over standard.

Good point Roy, they will need to drill the hole in the hub out for m14 bolt instead of m12. 33 and 32 brembos used m12

thanks guys... interesting point you make Duncan, I was almost sold on the G4 8 piston jobbies until I saw these come up for sale... I had just assumed as they were designed to stop a 200kg heavier car they would be a definate upgrade for me... oh well if I don't see an improvement in lap times they will surely hold up better and longer into a session... plus they look a whole bunch nicer than the stock stuff, tragic I know

Roy: Ben at RP is installing them, so I assume he knows he has to drill the hub

thanks for the input guys, hopefully I feel the same way about the upgrade as FineLine does! otherwise I better get those F40's you have for sale eh Roy;)

Stock GTR rotors are 324mm not 300mm.... R33 GTR came with 17"s standard so don't think the diam of the rim will be an issue, but depth on a gtst maybe.... should be fine on those wheels i'd think.